Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Express Scripts & Tricare

1. Senior Member

Express Scripts & Tricare

Advertisements
    Okay I am confused. My DH is Active Duty Air Force and I have Tricare Prime. But I guess my RX's are covered by Express Scripts? I don't get them filled at base hospital, cause they don't have the brands I prefer.

This confusion JUST came about as I'm out of town and trying to get a refill. My usual off-base pharmacy (Smith's) said to get it filled anywhere I could. This other pharmacy (CVS) just told me that I'd have to call Tricare AND Express Scripts to get this refill authorized. OR pay out of pocket, which I don't think I should have to.

"You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I believe with Express scrips you have them sent to your home and have to sign up for the service?

Do you have a paper script with you? If so take it in and get them to fill it, the only reason why they would need to get it "approved" IMO is if there were no other pharmacies in the area that had it and they didn't take Tricare (I know Walgreens are stopping Tricare Rx, I can't remember about CVS)

3. Senior Member
    CVS has a sign hanging that says "Welcome Express Scripts Patients"
    (I guess they aren't just the "mail order pharmacy")

Don't have the paper script, but I have the original bottle from Smith's and the folks at Smith's assured me that I didn't need the paper script to get a refill. They keep the paper and the refill would be "temporarily transferred" to CVS for this 1 refill.
    So I've called Express Scripts and they claim that a refill was authorized & paid for (with the exception of my co-pay) earlier today. But CVS is jerking me around, I've gone there 3 times!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

4. Banned
    Banned
    express scripts is the secondary company in charge of RX's.

tell CVS you need a RX transfer- they will call smiths and tricare for the approval and fill the RX.
    DO NOT TELL then it is temporary- just an rx transfer-

if they still won;t do it take it to walmart to have filled.

then when you go back home just go back to smiths to have it transferred again.

tho a little advice- you can get a refill before you need it if you explain to the pharmacy- they will call and get an approval and it will not cost you anymore than the co-pay.
    I had to do this when we went to ireland -
  5. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    express scripts is the secondary company in charge of RX's.

tell CVS you need a RX transfer- they will call smiths and tricare for the approval and fill the RX.
    DO NOT TELL then it is temporary- just an rx transfer-

if they still won;t do it take it to walmart to have filled.

then when you go back home just go back to smiths to have it transferred again.

tho a little advice- you can get a refill before you need it if you explain to the pharmacy- they will call and get an approval and it will not cost you anymore than the co-pay.
    I had to do this when we went to ireland -
    Yep, this.

6. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I have been using Walgreens and it sucks I have to find a new pharmacy or use express scripts. I'm afraid that if I use the home shipping thing that my Rxs wont get there in time. Just a worry.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I LOVE express scripts! They only charge you for 1 script per 3 months, so you save 2/3. You can also get stuff filled at any other pharmacy too, though, if you just need a one time thing when you're out of town or need it immediately.