Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: about how much should fillings etc cost with tricare dental?

1. Senior Member

about how much should fillings etc cost with tricare dental?

Advertisements
    just curious. i just signed up for dental coverage so it won't start until december, but is there any way to estimate how much it will cost? i haven't seen a dentist since like high school so i know i definitely need my teeth cleaned and some fillings, should i expect that to be super expensive?
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry I have no idea but I will be creeping cause I need to know this
  3. Senior Member
    No way to tell. It will just all depend on your dentist. United Concordia pays an amount but I believe it is a percentage based on your total bill up to a certain amount a year.
  4. Regular Member
    It really just depends on what all you have done. They do cover the complete cost of a cleaning every 6 months I believe. I have never had to pay anything for that. But for fillings it depends on if you get the silver or white ones. I prefer the white fillings and I was just billed like $85 from my last visit for the one filling. Silver ones are a lot less expensive. You should be able to look at the Tri Care dental website and see what is covered.

By the way I see you are in Hawaii too I recommend Pearl Family Dental in Pearl City. That's where I go and they rock! They let you know before your appointment how much everything will be and what your insurance will cover. It's so nice!

It's always better when we're together
  5. Senior Member
    Fillings aren't too expensive.. I just went to the dentist for the first time in 5 years, because I thought it'd be too expensive to get fillings done. Yeah, now I wish I would've gone earlier. I think I was quoted around $60 for silver and $200 for white. But I could be wrong/off on my numbers...

I'm also in Hawaii & go to Pearl Family Dental - But to the one near Pearl Harbor/Hickam base {it's off base near housing}.
  6. Senior Member
    might it be cheaper to go to a dentist when i'm in florida next month? i'm not sure if this is one of those everything is more expensive in hawaii situations.
  7. Senior Member
    My back fillings costed about 100/each since they are resin and UC doesn't cover them for back teeth, only silver. I had to pay the difference which was a LOT!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    it can be fro 100 dollars all the way up to 500 dollars depending on what you want done.

and do not go to a dentist in FL if you live in HI.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The difference for me between silver and resin was only $14 at my dentist and since I had 12 fillings and a root canal done it was worth it. I hadn't been to the dentist for 15 years.

Each tooth, and position on the tooth costs a different amount. Most of mine were done in sets of 3 or 4 fillings and I ended up paying $80 to $200 per visit. I think I am paying a little more then most, but I am willing to pay for the service I get.
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Hmm.. not sure. I know for my son I think I paid $10 for the silver ones, the white one's were about $100 (which I didn't get).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast