Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEERS

1. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!

DEERS

Advertisements
    Does anyone know how I can get a copy of my DEERS enrollment?

Can I go to PSD on base to get it?

Thanks.

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Yes, I think so.. You can get it from your SO esr i think as well
  3. Banned
    Banned
    they usually shred the forms when you apply and once your in the system there is no need for you to have the form-

what do you need it for?
  4. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    they usually shred the forms when you apply and once your in the system there is no need for you to have the form-

what do you need it for?
    Ok, what I need is something official from DOD or DON that says my name, DH's name, "Navy", and where we're stationed. It's to change my driver's license to my married name since I'm out of state (which is turning out to be a huge hassle, but I need it ASAP for work).
    I thought DH's Page 2, but he thinks something from DEERS would be better.

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  5. Banned
    Banned
    you won't get anything from deers all you need are copies of his orders.

it may just be easier to get a state license for where you live-

you cannot claim military exempt for the state you live in if they require you to have a in state license.
  6. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you won't get anything from deers all you need are copies of his orders.

it may just be easier to get a state license for where you live-

you cannot claim military exempt for the state you live in if they require you to have a in state license.
    I'm not trying to claim military exempt. The way my home state works is you have to update your picture if you change your name. However I'm 2000 miles away from an DMV office. So for military, they will put a note in their computer system indicating that your picture doesn't have to be updated until you are back in-state.

7. Senior Member
    Just send a copy of his orders. That is the only thing you will be able to get. Deers won't necessarily say you are not in your home state, just that you are a dependent of someone in the military.
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

All you need is a copy of his orders. That is what I send in to fix my Idaho DL when we were in TX worked out great. Just faxed it over and all was squared away. You don't need the DEERS paperwork.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jessica~ View Post
    I'm not trying to claim military exempt. The way my home state works is you have to update your picture if you change your name. However I'm 2000 miles away from an DMV office. So for military, they will put a note in their computer system indicating that your picture doesn't have to be updated until you are back in-state.
    The point Dawn was making is that you have to check to see what the driver's license rules are for the state in which you are living. They may require you to have their driver's license regardless of the fact that your spouse is in the military.
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    The point Dawn was making is that you have to check to see what the driver's license rules are for the state in which you are living. They may require you to have their driver's license regardless of the fact that your spouse is in the military.
    Hmmm... I was told that its the state of residency that matters, if the state of residency (where the license is) allows military spouses to maintain the license, that is all that needs to happen, its part of the MSRRA. I know for TX, a spouse can keep their license as long as the military member is on active duty orders. I just need to send a copy of orders when my license expires and they will issue me a new one.

But, as with everything military related, one says it one way and another says it another. IDK.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast