Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think pay should be higher?

1. Armylove

Do you think pay should be higher?

Advertisements
    Military pay and BAH shoudl be higher or you think its fine the way it is?
  2. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    It should be much higher, IMO.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

3. Armylove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    It should be much higher, IMO.
    Im starting to agree with you on that, it should a little higher than what it is.
  4. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnie View Post
    Military pay and BAH shoudl be higher or you think its fine the way it is?
    This is definitely a touchy subject for some people, but YES I think it should be higher. It's really sad to me that a lot of military families are below the poverty line for their income (granted a lot of the benefits bring it up), but the cash flow that these families have is really low. If they were to try to live off their pay and the BAH a lot of families wouldn't be able to make it and the caregivers for the children (husband or wife) have to work and put their children in daycare which is another expense as well. Some families can make it some can't, but pay isn't near what is "should" be. That'll never change though.

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I think base pay should be higher. Man....we'd be RICH if Bryan got paid overtime, since a normal work week consists of 100+ hours...
    But other than that, we get by just fine financially. That may change when we move to VA and all the extra pays go away like Special Duty pay, Nuke pay, Sub pay, Sea pay, etc...
    Some areas could use an increase in BAH and and could use COLA too!!!
  6. Senior Member
    Way higher!!!
  7. Senior Member
    This is a touchy subject for some, but not for me. Yes, we get benefits such as medical, etc., but IMO, that doesn't make up for the fact of the amount of hours and the things are SO's are required to do. Yes, people get hazard pay and what not when they're on deployments, but what about their jobs they do everyday?! I know if something were to happen to my husband, no amount of money could make up for it, but it would be nice to have some sort of extra because of the work he does. And for the amount of hours they work, it's insane. Many military families live below the poverty line and live paycheck to paycheck. Why do the men and women that are serving our country get so low-paid?! So yes, I think it should be higher.
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Definitley should be higher. Now every active duty gets BAH but some years ago the very low on rank ones didn't and I can't belive I get pay more than what they did without their BAH it's sad cause they do work such a looooooong hours.
  9. Armylove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    This is a touchy subject for some, but not for me. Yes, we get benefits such as medical, etc., but IMO, that doesn't make up for the fact of the amount of hours and the things are SO's are required to do. Yes, people get hazard pay and what not when they're on deployments, but what about their jobs they do everyday?! I know if something were to happen to my husband, no amount of money could make up for it, but it would be nice to have some sort of extra because of the work he does. And for the amount of hours they work, it's insane. Many military families live below the poverty line and live paycheck to paycheck. Why do the men and women that are serving our country get so low-paid?! So yes, I think it should be higher.
    I agree, I know that for the first year or so its going to be really hard on us. Im not through with school, it would be really hard for me to get a high paying job to help support the bills we would have. He is the soul provider now for the both of us, and we will struggle to make ends meet. We could make it a little better and sell his car and get something cheaper, but we shouldnt have to do that. Most people have car payments, car insurnace, food bills, cable and internet, dr. bills, medications.

I just hope to god nothing major happens to his car or either of ours health, we would be screwed.

ITs hard starting a life when you are newly married, and the pay just dosent seem to cut it.

Its sad to me that I worked retail and my paycheck every two weeks was on average 1-3 hundred dollards more than his was. But now that I dont work, and that I am moving to a place where jobs are not the best its going to be reallllly hard to make it.

I agree that it should be higher, people who serve our country should get paid better, and I dont think it should be a whole lot more, but increase it a bit, so people dont have to struggle.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnie View Post
    I agree, I know that for the first year or so its going to be really hard on us. Im not through with school, it would be really hard for me to get a high paying job to help support the bills we would have. He is the soul provider now for the both of us, and we will struggle to make ends meet. We could make it a little better and sell his car and get something cheaper, but we shouldnt have to do that. Most people have car payments, car insurnace, food bills, cable and internet, dr. bills, medications.

I just hope to god nothing major happens to his car or either of ours health, we would be screwed.

ITs hard starting a life when you are newly married, and the pay just dosent seem to cut it.

Its sad to me that I worked retail and my paycheck every two weeks was on average 1-3 hundred dollards more than his was. But now that I dont work, and that I am moving to a place where jobs are not the best its going to be reallllly hard to make it.

I agree that it should be higher, people who serve our country should get paid better, and I dont think it should be a whole lot more, but increase it a bit, so people dont have to struggle.
    I know exactly how you feel with making more than our men and now we aren't making anything. I made equal or a little bit than DH a month and now I'm not working, so we're relying on his paychecks. And this little town doesn't have great job opportunities, and it makes it even harder only having one vehicle between the both of us. I wanted a work at home job, but I still can't trust myself to find a legit one. I've started Avon and I know I won't be making alot, but it's better than nother.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast