Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enlistment bonus

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Enlistment bonus

Advertisements
    Okay, so DH is wanting to do one of the "get out two years early" program things. Don't ask me for details on which one, because I have no idea. He was told that if he did that, he would have to pay back his enlistment bonus right when he was signing all the papers to leave. He doesn't know how much that was. He decided months ago that this is what he was doing, but it really depends on how much that bonus was that he has to pay back. The problem is, he's too frickin' lazy to go around and find out what the bonus is, and he told me not to call around and find out because they probably wouldn't tell me anyway.

My question to you ladies, is do you know if everyone who signed up the same month or year got the same enlistment bonus, or did it depend on the individual? I know the month and year he joined, so if it is the same all across the board then I can find out that way. Cause I'm crafty like that.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I'd call around anyway, screw him!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    I'd call around anyway, screw him!

I don't even know who to call first, and since it kind of deals with pay I would think, and I don't have POA, they'd probably just laugh me off the phone.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    on you for not having a POA!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    for enlistment bonuses it will basically be the same for eveone entering that rate at that time-

so if it was 30,000 dollars and he signed for 6 yrs and has only done 4 and they estimated the payment to be about 5,000 a yr, he would have to pay back 10,000 dollars.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He signed up in 2007 for four years, and then at some point he added on another 2. So we finished his four, just have those 2 left. I don't know how that effects anything. Ugh I just wish he'd get off his butt and figure this out!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    on you for not having a POA!

Tell me about it! Every time he's home, I'm like, "Dude, let's go get the POA thing taken care of." To which he responds, "Make an appointment." "Okay, when?" "I don't know, just make one." "Well, what is your schedule this week?" "Do it during the day." "Can you take off during the day?" "I don't know. Just make an appointment." "Okay...." "I get yelled at for making appointments during the day because I have to explain to them that you don't drive and I get bitched at for it so you need to get your license." "I am the one who wants to make appointments after you're off work, you are the one who tells me you want them during the work day. Tell them that. Don't make me out to be the bad one." "Oh, so I'm the bad one?" And it goes on and on and on....
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    He signed up in 2007 for four years, and then at some point he added on another 2. So we finished his four, just have those 2 left. I don't know how that effects anything. Ugh I just wish he'd get off his butt and figure this out!
    if he got the bonus when he extended then he will have to pay it all back.

do you have copies of his enlistment papers- if he got the bonus upon initial enlistment it will be on there.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    if he got the bonus when he extended then he will have to pay it all back.

do you have copies of his enlistment papers- if he got the bonus upon initial enlistment it will be on there.
    Nope, I don't have 'em. I married him after he'd been in two years, and he didn't have any kind of military-related paperwork before I started saving it for him. I know that he had a huge packet of papers when we came from CT to CA last year, but I didn't even think to look through them to see what all they were. He didn't mention this getting out early thing until we'd been here a few months, and by then those papers were gone (I think he had to give them to the new command or something).
  10. Senior Member
    Is he a nuke?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast