Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Er visits on Standard

1. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.

Question Er visits on Standard

Advertisements
    Anyone have any idea how much an er visit would cost on tricare standard? Tia.

2. Senior Member

Back when we had standard and had to take our DD to the ER we had to pay 20%
    and it was outrageous!!!

What do you need to be seen for? It may be cheaper to pay the $40 to be seen at a "Take Care Clinic."
  3. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Back when we had standard and had to take our DD to the ER we had to pay 20%
    and it was outrageous!!!

What do you need to be seen for? It may be cheaper to pay the $40 to be seen at a "Take Care Clinic."
    I'm trying to decide if it'd be cheaper to go to the er or just wait till tomorrow and make a doc appointment. I've been having issues lately with my mouth, been to the dentist and couldn't find anything wrong he put me on antibiotics assuming it's some sort of infection and the initial problem went away but not it's come back in a different area The pain is just getting ridiculously bad. Is a "Take Care clinic" the same as an urgent care? I really hate going to those places I always end up waiting like 3 hours lol.

4. Senior Member
    Probably the full deductible and then maybe more. New fiscal year just started. I know for us we have a $300 deductible, we'd probably meet it easily with an ER visit. Depends of course on what all has to be done. Either way you're going to pay the full amount of whatever you do most likely because its only October 2.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caseychick View Post
    I'm trying to decide if it'd be cheaper to go to the er or just wait till tomorrow and make a doc appointment. I've been having issues lately with my mouth, been to the dentist and couldn't find anything wrong he put me on antibiotics assuming it's some sort of infection and the initial problem went away but not it's come back in a different area The pain is just getting ridiculously bad. Is a "Take Care clinic" the same as an urgent care? I really hate going to those places I always end up waiting like 3 hours lol.
    I would personally wait it out, as long as its not life threatening. Your Dr. can probably get you in tomorrow. To me its just not worth it to go to the ER unless I think I'm dying, because it costs so much. But that is just me, you know your body, if the pain is that excruciating then your body is telling you something and you should go in. I *think* a take care clinic is more like the kind in the grocery or drug store, and Urgent care is what you would think of as Urgent care. Hope you come to a decision and feel better!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    Probably the full deductible and then maybe more. New fiscal year just started. I know for us we have a $300 deductible, we'd probably meet it easily with an ER visit. Depends of course on what all has to be done. Either way you're going to pay the full amount of whatever you do most likely because its only October 2.
    My deductible's only $50 and I just paid that last week.

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I would personally wait it out, as long as its not life threatening. Your Dr. can probably get you in tomorrow. To me its just not worth it to go to the ER unless I think I'm dying, because it costs so much. But that is just me, you know your body, if the pain is that excruciating then your body is telling you something and you should go in. I *think* a take care clinic is more like the kind in the grocery or drug store, and Urgent care is what you would think of as Urgent care. Hope you come to a decision and feel better!
    Yea, I'm not one to go to the er much, actually I"m not one to go to doctors/hospitals ever because I never have to, so when I switched to standard for the pregnancy I made the dumb assumption that I wouldn't have to worry about any of these costs bc I never have go My pain level is definitely a 10, tylenol isn't touching it whatsoever and I just got through crying on dh about it. My mom says I should go to the er because she's worried about the infection (if that's what it is) traveling, but I made it this far I guess I can make it till tomorrow as well, I'll have to look up a doc in the area because I dont' even have one since I left prime lol.

7. Senior Member

Do you have any Walgreens close? They have the clinics in there and you can look online to see what the waiting time is!
  8. Senior Member

Advil will help better than Tylenol...it reduces inflamation.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caseychick View Post
    My deductible's only $50 and I just paid that last week.

Yea, I'm not one to go to the er much, actually I"m not one to go to doctors/hospitals ever because I never have to, so when I switched to standard for the pregnancy I made the dumb assumption that I wouldn't have to worry about any of these costs bc I never have go My pain level is definitely a 10, tylenol isn't touching it whatsoever and I just got through crying on dh about it. My mom says I should go to the er because she's worried about the infection (if that's what it is) traveling, but I made it this far I guess I can make it till tomorrow as well, I'll have to look up a doc in the area because I dont' even have one since I left prime lol.
    If you don't have a Dr. then the chances of you getting a quick appointment are slim to none. Most Drs. won't see new patients without a full work up, and those appointments aren't usually available same day. I would have the same worry as your mom. You could have a resistant strain of infection or something else. Now that I hear how much pain you're in you should probably think about going to the ER or at least the Urgent Care.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early