Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DLA loaded on new travel card?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

DLA loaded on new travel card?

Advertisements
    Hello,

We will be PCSing here very shortly. We just found out that our DLA has already been loaded on to my husbands new travel card.. I've never heard of this before, we usually get DLA deposited into our bank account.. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Senior Member
    They are doing this from what i've heard to some people. We just moved last month and ours got deposited though. But dh doesn't have a travel card, so maybe that is why.

3. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    from what im hearing this is a AF thing. The Navy (from what people have posted on here in the other thread) is still using the old GTC.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  4. Banned
    Banned
    this is branch specific- there may have been a box to check that asked for the DLA to be put on the travel card-

I would also file a complaint with someone high up about this- the DLA is to cover the cost of moving INTO a new place- How are you suppose to use it for deposits at an apt complex or to pay a pet deposit - I know LOTS of property management co that do not allow CC payments for that stuff.
    IMO It sould be direct deposited into your account and not on a CC.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I agree gunsgirl..My husband is going back over to finance tomorrow. I just thought this was a bit odd. I've been concerned over how we are going to pay a deposit and so forth with a government debit card...Thanks for the replies!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    did you get the per diem and MALT yet?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this is branch specific- there may have been a box to check that asked for the DLA to be put on the travel card-

I would also file a complaint with someone high up about this- the DLA is to cover the cost of moving INTO a new place- How are you suppose to use it for deposits at an apt complex or to pay a pet deposit - I know LOTS of property management co that do not allow CC payments for that stuff.
    IMO It sould be direct deposited into your account and not on a CC.
    I was thinking the same thing. We require a certified check or money order for our deposit, etc. Can you get cash out of an ATM with the card?
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Apparently there is a set amount on the card already, that is suppose to include Per Diem, DLA, and everything else. I sure do not like this new set up..We asked for an itemization of everything, but they could not provide one. We are going to get to the bottom of this.. Thanks again for all your responses.. Perhaps some AF peeps will chime in if they have experience with this new travel card/DLA.
  9. Senior Member
    If it is on the debit style card find an atm for the bank that hosts it and pull the money.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaisy99 View Post
    Apparently there is a set amount on the card already, that is suppose to include Per Diem, DLA, and everything else. I sure do not like this new set up..We asked for an itemization of everything, but they could not provide one. We are going to get to the bottom of this.. Thanks again for all your responses.. Perhaps some AF peeps will chime in if they have experience with this new travel card/DLA.

My husband has never gotten the advances, but I think that you won't get an itemization until after you PCS and he finalizes his travel voucher.

If it's the Citibank CSA card, contact Citibank. According to this release CSA card personal use unauthroized that Stephanie/BubMunkeyBles linked to in another thread, you can only use the new card when on official travel (which PCS is, but I don't know how some PCS related expenses that DLA is intended for would not be considered personal use) but you can still request a check, a transfer to another account, or withdraw at an ATM. There is a fee for withdrawal at an ATM (2%), and there use to be a fee for them to transfer to a Non-citi account but I don't know if there still is. A friend did tell me that it took Citibank two weeks to mail them a check when they requested one, but I'm sure that varies.

Good luck. This CSA thing keeps getting worse and worse as I hear each new experience with it! (Sorry, not trying to make you feel bad. I'm just kinda ticked for you that on top of PCSing, you have to deal with this crap too.)
    Last edited by Lynn; 09-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast