Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare doctor search

1. Regular Member

Big Grin Tricare doctor search

Advertisements
    I'm moving to Jacksonville in about a week or so. My 3 months old needs his shots ASAP. How do I go about changing from standard to prime and looking for a doctor for my family? How long does the process take. Also while I was in Jersey I spent over 500 bucks on shots for my son, if I provide the receipts will I get reimbursed?? I believe I heard from someone that they will reimburse you. Any comments suggestions help. Thank you
  2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    You really need to check out this website:

Welcome to TRICARE, your Military Health Plan

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

Vaccinations? or another shot (no need to be specific) You can sometimes get them reimbursed... but it usually has to be in a certain time line... which I'd be willing to bet you passed by now.
  4. Regular Member
    Why have I passed it? I was not in the system till a couple weeks ago. Either way I'll ask.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My best advice is call tricare I called and they can walk you through what forums you need to print and fill out. That's what I did when I wanted to switch. It's the quickest way to get answers
  6. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

Quote Originally Posted by RPWIFE28 View Post
    Why have I passed it? I was not in the system till a couple weeks ago. Either way I'll ask.
    Take tricare prime remote. If I take my son to anyone other than my primary without a referral, the very next day I have to get a referral to where we went. Or I get to welcome a bill in the mail. It's just the way it works. The time to act is very limited.
  7. Senior Member
    Were you on Standard when you paid for them? You can file a claim, not sure how much they'll cover.

If you switch to Prime you'll probably have to see the doctors on base in Jacksonville. They usually have a vaccination clinic.
  8. Regular Member
    Okay sounds good I will call and figure everything out as soon as I touch down. As long as he gets his shots it's no problem but he needs a primary dr too.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by RPWIFE28 View Post
    I'm moving to Jacksonville in about a week or so. My 3 months old needs his shots ASAP. How do I go about changing from standard to prime and looking for a doctor for my family? How long does the process take. Also while I was in Jersey I spent over 500 bucks on shots for my son, if I provide the receipts will I get reimbursed?? I believe I heard from someone that they will reimburse you. Any comments suggestions help. Thank you
    To switch can take about a month depending on when during the month you switch, and you can't have started standard within the last year (you can only change it once per year). You will get a PCM when you arrive in Jacksonville, you'll have to go to the tricare office to switch your region to that of Jacksonville. They will switch you over and let you know who your PCM is (usually by mail within a couple weeks).

As far as reimbursement, not a clue, you'd have to call tricare. I'm sure there are rules and restrictions and had to have been in DEERS at the time the shots happened most likely.