Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFMP...SOS...911 lol

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

EFMP...SOS...911 lol

Advertisements
    I have an almost 9 year old autistic son. He is now (almost) "officially" DH's dependent. I was thumbing through the paperwork and saw something regarding it being REQUIRED that I fill out this EFMP paperwork for him, basically registering him as a special needs dependent.

1- Is it really required (I definitely don't mind, just don't wanna overlook it and get in trouble)?
    2- Please tell me there is someone at the base somewhere who will help me fill it out. The paperwork is SO dense, which says a lot since I am normally very good with paperwork.
    3- Will this actually benefit us? I mean, I am all for anything that helps.

I feel like this: I love my DH but this marriage comes with a lot more paperwork than I ever imagined.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

EFMP is a Mandatory program for ALL family members with a special need. The health care portion must be filled out by the PCM and you should have a EFMP coordinator at your local base.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGLOVE View Post
    EFMP is a Mandatory program for ALL family members with a special need. The health care portion must be filled out by the PCM and you should have a EFMP coordinator at your local base.
    I need a weeks vacation to complete all this paperwork.
    Should I do it now and have it done by his civilian doc or wait until Tricare takes effect and have it done by whoever the new doc is?

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That I do not know. My son was already in Tricare when we had him diagnosed with Autism.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Navy EFMP | Operation Autism

You can call them and find out who your EFMP coordinator would be there in Oceanside.

West of the Mississippi River in the continental United States including Alaska:
    Naval Medical Center San Diego

EFMP Central Screening Committee, Suite 100

34520 Bob Wilson Drive

San Diego, CA 92134-5000

Commercial: (619) 532-6910

Fax: (619) 532-6908

DSN: 522-6910
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would say probably his current provider since he is familiar with your son's needs.

I know the paperwork aspect of being a military wife sucks but there are SOME breaks
  7. Banned
    Banned
    it is manditory- this will keep your from going overseas. but will hlep ensure that when you do move you will get stationed somewhere that can give him the care that he needs.
  8. Senior Member
    It doesn't necessarily keep you from going overseas. You should probably fill it out before he's up for orders. I just filled mine out and got it turned out. I have all civilian doctors and I think it was actually easier. I do need to follow up on it though because the people at the office here never return phone calls and emails.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    It doesn't necessarily keep you from going overseas. You should probably fill it out before he's up for orders. I just filled mine out and got it turned out. I have all civilian doctors and I think it was actually easier. I do need to follow up on it though because the people at the office here never return phone calls and emails.
    We aren't at risk for ever being stationed overseas anyway. I just want to get it over with so that there aren't issues with Tricare covering his weekly and monthly psychologist and psychiatrist appointments. Plus, if he goes off the deep end again I have to deal with hospitalizations and theraputic behavior services so...probably best to get it done now.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    We aren't at risk for ever being stationed overseas anyway. I just want to get it over with so that there aren't issues with Tricare covering his weekly and monthly psychologist and psychiatrist appointments. Plus, if he goes off the deep end again I have to deal with hospitalizations and theraputic behavior services so...probably best to get it done now.
    Yeah. It took me forever to do mine because I don't see military doctors and I don't like the military involved in my personal matters or health matters more than they need to be. But the program can be really helpful for those with the kind of issues it sounds like your son has. I think the Navy and Marines have the best EFMP out there. I'd probably have been more inclined to enroll earlier if DH was in one of those branches. It seems really well run. The Air Force mainly enforces it for overseas assignments. You won't get orders and they won't pay to move you until you're enrolled. I think there's a lack of awareness in the Air Force of the program itself though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast