Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you live in housing on base....

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

If you live in housing on base....

Advertisements
    What is included for utilities? Electric, water, and gas? Or would we have to still pay those bills and it's just rent free?

TIA

2. Senior Member
    Ours is all included.
    We pay for internet/cable.
  3. Senior Member
    Should all be included. Some places if you go over the allotted for electric will make you pay the difference in the cost.
  4. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Thank you both!

5. It is what it is....
    It is what it is....
    All of ours is included but they are starting this thing in October where they will take an average of the electricity that the houses on your block/street and of the similiar family size use and if you come within $15 of the average you are fine, but if you are over that, you get a bill. There is some act or name for it, but I'm too lazy to find the paperwork on it.

Not sure if this is for every military base/post but at least for JBLM it is.
    Last edited by JSL8809; 08-04-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: more info
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSL8809 View Post
    All of ours is included but they are starting this thing in October where they will take an average of the electricity that the houses on your block/street and of the similiar family size use and if you come within $15 of the average you are fine, but if you are over that, you get a bill. There is some act or name for it, but I'm too lazy to find the paperwork on it.

This is what they're doing starting in October where I live as well. Otherwise everything is included (other than the "extras" like cable, internet, etc).

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSL8809 View Post

They're starting this soon at our base too.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DH and I are in the process of deciding to move on-post, the cover all the basics like everyone said except here all DH was warned that there is also a $40.00 service fee not covered by BAH .
  9. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by Liz711 View Post
    DH and I are in the process of deciding to move on-post, the cover all the basics like everyone said except here all DH was warned that there is also a $40.00 service fee not covered by BAH .
    A $40 service fee for what?

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've been hearing that some bases are privatizing because people are abusing they system. Keeping the house around 60 during the summer and 80 in the winter.

What it will be is you get what they will pay for. You pay the difference. Kinda like an allowance. This was being talked in Montana and Wyoming.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast