Military Significant Others and Spouse Support -
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DEERS/Tricare for newborn

  1. Senior Member
    Abigail's Avatar
    Abigail is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Question DEERS/Tricare for newborn

    I had a paper with everything I needed to do to have my daughter enrolled in DEERS and in Tricare but I cannot find it anywhere.

    Now I'm lost. I've been googling all over and can't find anything. My husband is deployed.

    I never received DD's birth certificate or social in the mail. It has been two months. So, I'm just going downtown and picking up copies for myself.

    After I do that, next steps, please?
  2. Married to Airman
    karidad's Avatar
    karidad is offline
    Married to Airman
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Andersen, Guam
    I called the county's birth certificate place and they were able to tell me if my dd's BC is there yet or not. Same thing with the SSN. I called the SSN place after like 2 weeks and they looked it up for me in their database over the phone and told me my dd had already secured an SSN, so dh went to the place and the staff printed out the SSN, not the actual card, I think we got both the same day. I can't remember but I think we had to have the birth certificate first before we can get the SSN. We had to show the bc to the ssn place.
  3. Senior Member
    OneHappyMama's Avatar
    OneHappyMama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    in VA together <3
    once you get that stuff you should be able to take it with you (with your POA) to the deers office to get everything taken care of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts