Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP

1. Senior Member

EFMP

Advertisements
    Silly question, but how do I start the process of enrolling my sons in EFMP? They both have mild speech delays and receive speech therapy and it was suggested that I enroll them before we PCS in the spring. DH is on recruiting duty if that matters. TIA
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

As speech therapy is readily available around the country both privately and through the school system, it is not necessary to enroll them in EFMP just for speech, you just need a Dr referral. If you are PSCing OCONUS, then they will enroll them during the CS process.

Due to the fact that it is only mild speech delay, they may not accept them into the program. If you do still want to enroll them, your PCM should have the paperwork to start the process

3. Senior Member
    Oh, okay thanks. I asked about it earlier on here and most people recommended enrolling them. (DH wants to go to Hawai'i next.) If it's not necessary then we'll just wait then.
  4. Regular Member
    DS has a mild articulation delay (had a sever speech delay at 2 so this is his second round the speech therapy) and he was accepted into EFMP this time around (we had just had him dissenrolled for another issue)
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    I think your SO can get the paperwork from the command coordinator and just have the PCM and the school teacher fill out the paperwork. I can't remember, its been nearly nine years since ODS was enrolled.