Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enrolling in Deers??

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Bang Head Enrolling in Deers??

Advertisements
    Df and I are getting married next month. He is stationed in Japan and I am in the states. My question is how do we get me enrollled in deers? Ive been told he fills out the paperwork, and ive been told i do it, and that he has to be here and that he can sign a POA so he doesnt have to be here...and its all really confusing. Also hes in the Marine Corp, theres no Naval base anywhere close to where i live, can you get your military ID, DEERS etc at any military base??
  2. Senior Member
    I am not sure how the overseas part works, but I do know that you can go to any military base to get your ID, and there is a mail in option if you are not near any sort of base at all.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks there are National Guards Bases here but that it...It is just all soo confusing and DF doesnt help because hes not sure what all he has to do or what I have to do etc.... its just sooo confusing!
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

where are you getting married? How long will you be together after the wedding before he has to return? As soon after you get your marriage license (it some states it is the same day), take it to the nearest base and enroll in DEERS and get your ID, this can be done at any military instillation. If he has to return before you get the marriage license, he will have to fill in the paperwork (I believe he has to sign it) and then send to you with a POA for you to go and do it

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We are getting married by proxy in colorado, so he wont even be here for the wedding and he wont be stateside until Feb. He starts the marriage paperwork on Wednesday he said...im not sure what all that entails..
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by AMarineLovesMe View Post
    We are getting married by proxy in colorado, so he wont even be here for the wedding and he wont be stateside until Feb. He starts the marriage paperwork on Wednesday he said...im not sure what all that entails..
    then yes, have the marriage license sent to you (or you pick it up, whichever you have to do), and then he will send you the paperwork and a POA giving you permission to do it all. You can then go to the nearest military instillation to do everything

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    alright thanks!
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    How far are you from Offutt OP?
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He has to do it. You can do it at any military base... When dh was in basic training he sent me paperwork so I could get my ID I went to the national guard base we had in town
  10. Senior Member
    Call the National Guard base you intend to go to and ask them what paperwork they will require. Not everyone here has had to bring the same paperwork, so it would be best to ask the office you will be going to what they require.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast