Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER questions from someone about BAH/BAS :)

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

ANOTHER questions from someone about BAH/BAS :)

Advertisements
    Ok, either I am a moron or I am right.

My husband and I (He's Army, over 4 yrs, e-4 no special pay) got married on the 17th of June. His paycheck hits tomorrow and he's getting $325 for BAS and $466 for BAH ... If im correct that's a FULL month of BAS and a "half" a month BAS.

If he got a FULL month of BAS, why didn't get get a FULL month of BAH?
    Am I right, or just a moron, because I am seriously confused right now.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharm View Post
    Ok, either I am a moron or I am right.

My husband and I (He's Army, over 4 yrs, e-4 no special pay) got married on the 17th of June. His paycheck hits tomorrow and he's getting $325 for BAS and $466 for BAH ... If im correct that's a FULL month of BAS and a "half" a month BAS.

If he got a FULL month of BAS, why didn't get get a FULL month of BAH?
    Am I right, or just a moron, because I am seriously confused right now.

I believe BAH is always split, 1/2 on the 1st and 1/2 on the 15th. Not sure about BAS.
  3. AMD
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I believe BAH is always split, 1/2 on the 1st and 1/2 on the 15th. Not sure about BAS.

I also have no clue about the BAS.
  4. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    BAH is always split up between the two paychecks
    Not sure about BAS though
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think BAH is usually split and BAS is all in one lump sum.

I'm surprised you're already getting your BAH and BAS, ours took almost 4 months to kick in (which is unusual, but they got on that QUICK)-lucky you!
    "whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -emily bronte
    fashion lust!
    http://www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com
  6. Senior Member
    Yeah, BAH is split between the 1st and the 15th. So, if you're BAH is 1,000$ you'd get 500 on the first and 500 on the 15th.

I don't know about BAS. Never really cared to pay attention to that since it's DH's for eating during the work day.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Ok but if we get half and half, wouldn't we get half of 990 from the 17th-30th of June.. and then tomorrow get another half for the 1st-15th of July? If that's right then we should have gotten BAH tomorrow from the 17th of June to the 15th of July... I'm so lost... it's like he's missing 2 weeks of BAH in my head or he'd get an extra 2 weeks of BAH when he got out of the military...anyone understand what im saying? lol
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharm View Post
    Ok but if we get half and half, wouldn't we get half of 990 from the 17th-30th of June.. and then tomorrow get another half for the 1st-15th of July? If that's right then we should have gotten BAH tomorrow from the 17th of June to the 15th of July... I'm so lost... it's like he's missing 2 weeks of BAH in my head or he'd get an extra 2 weeks of BAH when he got out of the military...anyone understand what im saying? lol
    Pay from June 15-30 gets paid on July 1st, pay from the 1st-15 gets paid on the 15th... you dont get paid in advance.

If you work out the numbers and its still not right it could be that his rate has not changed to BAH with dependents. It generally takes a few more pay-checks for the new rate to show up.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Enlisted BAS is $325.04 according to the 2011 pay table on the DFAS.MIL website.

If you got married on June 17th, the BAH in the paycheck is most likely still at the single rate, because that would be very quick for them to have updated the system once you went into DEERS to show up on the June EOM LES. If it is at the with dependent rate, it is prorated from the wedding date.

Are you seeing these numbers on his LES? All entitlements are in one column, all deductions are in one column, and allotments are in another column. Basically, all pays are divided in half most of the time, mid month pay (MMP) and end of month pay (EOMP). If you are seeing these numbers in the first column, that is what he got for the entire month of June.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    lol I get it now, my friend explained it to me.. I was thinking it as if our rent was due on the first, we would tech have to come up with half a month rent tomorrow if we moved into a place that day since we would only have "half of 990" tomorrow. I geetttt it now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast