Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Guard Benefits when on orders/deployment?

1. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker

Guard Benefits when on orders/deployment?

Advertisements
    DH has a job with the Army the next 18months so has full Army benefits, I believe...?

I went to a yellow ribbon event and everything, I STILL don't understand what I need to do to be on his health insurance.
    Someone said when I go on his he'll begin to pay, but we haven't heard that or seen anything on his pay so again, don't know if that is true.

I enrolled in DEERS or something online, do I need to do anything else? Register with a specific office or something? We got a packet from John Hopkins at that event but I don't know exactly what signing up with them does....

HELP!!

2. Banned
    Banned
    are his order title 10 orders? if so it should be automatic when he turned in his page 2 when they activated him
  3. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    OMG, he doesn't know what a Page 2 is...

They know we're married and all that, so when he gets that MOB order it's automatic for me to get covered? I could be on now, because it's more than 30 days, but it sounds like It's easier to wait...I am covered through my work until he leaves anyway, I just need to be covered when I change jobs in August

4. Banned
    Banned
    LOL a page two lists all his dependants with birth dates and SSN;
  5. Super-mom extrodinaire
    Super-mom extrodinaire
    You will need to register with your local Tricare office (there is one in most military hospitals, or you can call them) to select Prime, Standard, or Prime Remote. And get a Primary Care Doctor assigned.
    I look at the moon every night, because I know in 12 short hours she will be looking at you. - DH Iraq 2009
    Rachooow is my awesome wifey So you can't have her
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by prtyltlwif View Post
    You will need to register with your local Tricare office (there is one in most military hospitals, or you can call them) to select Prime, Standard, or Prime Remote. And get a Primary Care Doctor assigned.
    That sounds complicated John Hopkins was at the Tricare/Dental session at the Yellow Ribbon day, and they were giving out registration packets. They have several offices around here. Does that count?

7. Banned
    Banned
    no you need to go to a tricare office or go olin to select what type of tricare you want- and then depending on the type will depend on how you select drs.

tricare prime you use in network drs' and and tricare standard does not- but you have to do this first.
  8. Regular Member
    You need to go to the closest base and get enrolled in D.E.E.R.S. Make sure your military I.D. is up to date. Once he is deployed you have the option to switch from Reserve Select to Prime ..and one other choice.

Since you said you haven't seen anything coming out of his drill checks you also need to register when United Concorida - the dental insurance. I'm assuming you do not have any of the military insurance currently as UC will deduct from his paycheck and Tricare will run you about $197.00 per month.