Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Post 9/11 vs Montgomery

1. Missing him dearly
    Missing him dearly

Post 9/11 vs Montgomery

Advertisements
    How do we switch to which one DH would like to use?

After reviewing the benefits, we agreed that the Post 9/11 would be better for him to use (this is for him, I already have my masters). He originally signed up for the standard Montgomery bill but would like to switch. He's on deployment so asked that i look into changing while he starts his work day.

Any advice?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    he will need to go to the VA site or to the ED office to get it changed- it is very easy to do-

however I would suggest he exhaust all AD tuition assistance before using the GI BILL.

if he is reserve on title 10 orders, he will not get the BAH while on AD.
  3. Regular Member

Make Sure

My hubbs started out with the Montgomery and then transfered to the 9/11. Just make sure you know all the fine print etc. If you stick with the G.I. Bill there is a loop hole to get an extra year of school but, and one of them requires that 50% or more classes must be on campus which can be inconvient if you want to do online. Also, make sure he signs up for FASFA as he will have a 99% chance of getting pell grants.
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

We are currently on Montgomery but will be switching over soon. We were going to keep it at the Montgomery and dh was going to use it to finish his degree after retiring, but we have now decided to switch over so that the kids can benefit from it too, so he is using his AD tuition assistance to finish his BA now.