Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DF now DH & I have questions!

A Team
    Blog Entries

DF now DH & I have questions!

Advertisements
    First of all....DF is now DH!!!!!

DH (eee!) is in town and we are trying to get onto Davis Monthon so that he can enroll me into DEERS. Rumor has it he can enroll me into DEERS without being on his base in Cali. However, to get on base they require all non-active duty members to fill out the DD form 1172. There are items on here that I have no clue what they mean or are asking If we get to the gate and it isn't filled out will they let us on base? I've tried calling 3 people on base already and nobody seems to be able to help me and they've all been in a bad mood Anyhow, my question is how do we fill out this form and is there anything else that we need to do to be enrolled (I'm aware of needing to bring birth certificates, ssc's, etc). Any advice would be a great help, thanks in advance
    This girl is gearing up for ANG!

islandxgirl:My bestie, my love, my wifey since 06/22/11
  2. Senior Member
    Does he have a mil ID? DH and I have no problems getting on to base here. He's National Guard, and I have a dependent ID...

Do you have your marriage certificate? You'll need that to get into DEERS and get your ID. I think that plus my birth certificate was all I needed, but I don't really remember
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_heart07 View Post
    First of all....DF is now DH!!!!!

DH (eee!) is in town and we are trying to get onto Davis Monthon so that he can enroll me into DEERS. Rumor has it he can enroll me into DEERS without being on his base in Cali. However, to get on base they require all non-active duty members to fill out the DD form 1172. There are items on here that I have no clue what they mean or are asking If we get to the gate and it isn't filled out will they let us on base? I've tried calling 3 people on base already and nobody seems to be able to help me and they've all been in a bad mood Anyhow, my question is how do we fill out this form and is there anything else that we need to do to be enrolled (I'm aware of needing to bring birth certificates, ssc's, etc). Any advice would be a great help, thanks in advance
    Go to the visitor's center (which is where people get passes they can tell you which building it is at the gate if you don't know) with your husband. Tell them what you are doing and ask for a pass for a couple hours to go do all this. They should based on your marriage license and a valid form of photo id allow you a pass if they deem that needed.
  4. Senior Member
    Congrats! That's great.

I already texted you about getting on base, but I figured I'd say congrats!
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  5. Senior Member
    As long as he has an ID all I've needed to get other people on was a state ID.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    As long as he has an ID all I've needed to get other people on was a state ID.
    A Team
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help! A recruiter told me I needed to fill out a dd form 1172 before getting onto base because it's strict at DM or something. Anyhow, they were incorrect. All I needed was to go to the visitor's center with DH as PP suggested.

Now to get signed up into Tricare!!!

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_heart07 View Post
    Thanks for all your help! A recruiter told me I needed to fill out a dd form 1172 before getting onto base because it's strict at DM or something. Anyhow, they were incorrect. All I needed was to go to the visitor's center with DH as PP suggested.

Now to get signed up into Tricare!!!
    Yeah that form thing sounded off. Pretty much to get on most bases all you need is a military member with an ID and a trip to the visitor center with a current photo ID. Some bases will require a mini background check to ensure you are good to be allowed on base/not a wanted felon/etc but I don't know if DM is one of them.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Yeah that form thing sounded off. Pretty much to get on most bases all you need is a military member with an ID and a trip to the visitor center with a current photo ID. Some bases will require a mini background check to ensure you are good to be allowed on base/not a wanted felon/etc but I don't know if DM is one of them.
    DM does do a background check

Maybe the recruiter was confused that day
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
    A Team
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinthesky View Post
    DM does do a background check

Maybe the recruiter was confused that day
    Yea the recruiter that told me what to do was a Marine...trying to instruct me on how to get onto an AF base. clearly he doesnt know the ins and outs as well as he thinks he does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast