Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senate Vote to approve 1.6% pay increase for 2012

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Senate Vote to approve 1.6% pay increase for 2012

Advertisements
    http://militaryadvantage.military.co...-fee-increase/

I think last year figures like this were really frustrating. I can tell I am a year older and maybe 6-months wiser. Then again, I never thought I would get excited to see gas priced at less than $4 a gallon.

We hit $3.98!

Apparently, this isn't expected to hit much resistence. Looks like this is what we can expect for next year.
  2. Senior Member
    Sweet deal. What about the 4% increase for BAH?
  3. Senior Member
    Might be able to get an extra cup of coffee.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    At least we have our jobs. I am stuck in a pay freeze. She "only" gets to keep her job.

However, I will bitch because this government has not cut off their own automatic pay raises each year.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Don't you just love how we (the entire country- not just military) is seeing a decrease in pay while the price of everything is going up? I know they just dropped BAH for our post but the price of renting has stayed the same or gone up- how the h#$$ does that make sense????
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm grateful in this economy that we (or I should say, he) are getting a pay raise when a lot of people are getting pay CUTS or even laid off.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I'm grateful in this economy that we (or I should say, he) are getting a pay raise when a lot of people are getting pay CUTS or even laid off.
    Lot's of people in the military are getting their walking papers too.
  8. Moderator

I wish there were a fair and effective method for the military to implement merit-based pay increases. I am not a fan of ubiquitous increases in any industry. Anyway, we'll take it and be grateful. I'm really looking forward to our BAH actually covering our rent starting next month.
  9. Senior Member
    I'm over being miffed at the reduced pay raise for our military. Why? Because any pay raise is a good thing and to have a steady job is a good thing. My DH is at the end of his career and at his tenure and rank, he does not even have a "guaranteed" job anymore. Employment is good.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post

Although, a LOT of people on DH's ship(cuts all over just on his ship in his rate it's estimated more then half of the E-5s are being cut) will be getting booted so not to sure how much I care one way or the other on the matter of a pay raise yet. I'll just be happy if DH is still employed this time next year....
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast