Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare and Pregnancy Question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tricare and Pregnancy Question

Advertisements
    Okay, does anyone have experience with switching to Tricare due to getting married AFTER they are already a few months into their pregnancy?

Obviously, I currently see a doc in town and he takes Tricare but will they force me to switch and deliver at the Naval Hosp. even though I'll already be 20 weeks and the doctor is able to deliver me at the local hospital on Tricare? Will they potentially NOT cover me at all for a pre existing condition? Just want to know what I am going to be in store for in a few weeks...

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was 10 weeks pregnant when I got married.
    They DID make me switch to the base hospital, and they did cover it.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    I was 10 weeks pregnant when I got married.
    They DID make me switch to the base hospital, and they did cover it.
    I guess as long as it's covered I'm okay. I really love love love my doc though

4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    You might be able to keep your doctor if you stay on Tricare Standard and don't enroll in Tricare Prime.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    I guess as long as it's covered I'm okay. I really love love love my doc though
    I understand totally.
    They made me switch to the base hospital, had me go there till I was like 30+ weeks, then they suddenly wanted me to go off base. The dr said it was because of my bmi, the anesthesiologist said it was because of my back. Either way I could never get a straight answer.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh, I have a feeling this is going to be a headache...
    Lucky me.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    Okay, does anyone have experience with switching to Tricare due to getting married AFTER they are already a few months into their pregnancy?

Obviously, I currently see a doc in town and he takes Tricare but will they force me to switch and deliver at the Naval Hosp. even though I'll already be 20 weeks and the doctor is able to deliver me at the local hospital on Tricare? Will they potentially NOT cover me at all for a pre existing condition? Just want to know what I am going to be in store for in a few weeks...
    I do. We got married but before we got married I had one last appt with my dr off base made sure all was good and than got copies of all my records. Than got married, got into tricare and got that set up in time for my next months appt. Bonus was I got an extra ultrasound since tricare covered one. I was also around the same amount of weeks as you will be.

I did have to go to base since I was on prime and they had a full maternity ward. Most likely if they have a full maternity ward they will try to get you on base if you are on prime unless base if full. Tricare will cover you regardless. Where you will have to be seen and deliver will be the rub.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    I understand totally.
    They made me switch to the base hospital, had me go there till I was like 30+ weeks, then they suddenly wanted me to go off base. The dr said it was because of my bmi, the anesthesiologist said it was because of my back. Either way I could never get a straight answer.
    Was this in Mtn Home? Who did you go to off base. My switch was in Mtn Home and I loved my dr off base. Not sure if he practices anymore.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Was this in Mtn Home? Who did you go to off base. My switch was in Mtn Home and I loved my dr off base. Not sure if he practices anymore.
    I went to a dr in saint lukes womans clinic. Her name as of this year is Dr shrum, I am not sure what her name was before that though. Who did you go to?
  10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I switched at 34 weeks and getting the referral was a PIA but otherwise it was fine. I didn't have to switch Dr.s but we lived outside the service radius for the MTF.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast