Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Prime - dentist and eye dr how does it work?!

1. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.
    Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.

Tricare Prime - dentist and eye dr how does it work?!

Advertisements
    Do I need to go to my pcm for dentist or eye dr referral? Do you ever have any co-pays or anything at all to pay out of pocket?
  2. Senior Member
    For the dentist you have to be enrolled in United Concordia, it's separate from Tricare. There is no copay to have your teeth cleaned, but there is one if you need cavities filled, etc. I'm not sure about the eye doctor.
  3. Senior Member
    Dental is through United Concordia. You'll have a small payment due upfront when you sign up for it. You'll receive info on what's covered in full, what's not (they'll cover a certain %, you get the rest). The info is also on the website.

Tricare Dental Program
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    For dental you need to enroll in United Concordia Tricare Dental Plan. This is a cost-share program, so there are out of pocket costs involved if you need more than preventive care (cleanings/exams twice a year, x-rays once a year).

For eye care you just need to find an eye doctor who accepts Tricare. Tricare pays for the eye exam but nothing else. The contact lens portion of the exam is not covered, and glasses, contacts, etc., are not covered at all.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Eye doctor is covered with Tricare you just have to either threw calling Tri-care and seeing who you can go to, or getting a referral from your PCM.

Dentist you have to enroll in United Concordia there is a monthly cost for the insurance but it's low something like 11bucks for mine. Then cleanings are no cost out of pocket(one a year I think) then they cover a certain prectage of things like braces and whatever other work you need done.
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Like PPs said, dental is through Concordia. You can actually sign up for it at the Tricare office I think? I'm pretty sure I was able to.

For eye Dr, you need to get a referral from your PCM.