Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: navy Housing

1. Banned
    Banned

navy Housing

Advertisements
    So my friend will be moving to FL to be with her soon to be husband who's also in the navy (next week they get married) and she was wondering how long the paper work takes to get everything set up and for her to be able to move down there.? i didnt know the answer, so i thought i'd come her and maybe find out.

thank you!!
  2. Senior Member
    She can move down there whenever since the Navy most likely won't be paying for it.
    Banned
    She can move down whenever she wants to.

She can't do a whole lot until she is married, as far as getting her ID, Tricare, etc.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    yea i knew that, they're going to apply for navy housing, like financial help.
    she was wondering how long that would take to kick in.
  5. Senior Member
    i think it only takes as long as it does for her to get on his page 2, which only takes as long as getting the marriage license. which some states have it done same day. not sure if FL is one of those.

once she has the marriage license have him go to the PSD to add her to the page 2 and deers while he's at it. she can also get her military id then as well.

after that they just go to the housing authority and they can be offered a place the same day.

once he has her on his page 2, bah should kick in the the next pay cycle. if not it, then on the next one it would show the back dated amount.
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by .NavyWife View Post
    yea i knew that, they're going to apply for navy housing, like financial help.
    she was wondering how long that would take to kick in.
    BAH can sometimes end up on the next paycheck, or not for a few. It depends on who does the processing, and what point of the pay period it is.

As for housing, that depends on availability. If housing is immediately available, and they qualify for it, they can get in right away. If there is a list, then they wait until they can get in or get a place out in town.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    BAH can sometimes end up on the next paycheck, or not for a few. It depends on who does the processing, and what point of the pay period it is.

As for housing, that depends on availability. If housing is immediately available, and they qualify for it, they can get in right away. If there is a list, then they wait until they can get in or get a place out in town.

Alright thank you. I think they'll be gettin something off the base. But not really sure. Thank you for the help!! Hopefully they can get things sorted out fast.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post

ditto...just depends on the wait list. If there is a wait, they will have to find something on their own off base for the time being.