Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pregnancy?

1. Regular Member

Pregnancy?

Advertisements
    We're not pregnant yet, but I'm planning on seeing a doc for pre natal work ups and the like and eventually when DH gets home from deployment, we'll get pregnant. I don't want to give birth at the Naval Hospital. I'm on Tricare Prime.

Do I switch to Standard to get a doctor off base? If it means anything I live more than 30 minutes from my primary care doctor. What are the steps? Does it cost more?

Thanks in advance

2. Senior Member
    Are you normally seen on a military installation? Are there maternity services at the closest military hospital? If the answer is yes to both of these than GENERALLY yes if you don't want to be seen on base than you will have to go standard. Call tricare to ask about your area specifically though.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Are you normally seen on a military installation? Are there maternity services at the closest military hospital? If the answer is yes to both of these than GENERALLY yes if you don't want to be seen on base than you will have to go standard. Call tricare to ask about your area specifically though.
    Yes and yes. I'll definitely call them and see what my options are. Thanks.

4. Banned
    Banned
    if you aleady use the clinic and the hosp is that close- as long as you are on prime you have to use those facilities- if you do not want to- you will have to go to standard