Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tricare question

1. i miss my little boy so much :(
    i miss my little boy so much :(

tricare question

Advertisements
    so i have hospital bills to be paid but the thing is when i had my accident and i had my dnc done, i had insurance but didnt have any documentation that i did so my question is will tricare cover it? or do i need to call them about it?
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    were these bills acquired when you had tricare or before?
  3. i miss my little boy so much :(
    i had tricare...the day i got into an accident my husbands first sergeant told him to go to wherever so they could put in the system and they told him for me to give the hospital his ssn but idk why...the hospital never asked so idk what to do
  4. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by anacris View Post
    i had tricare...the day i got into an accident my husbands first sergeant told him to go to wherever so they could put in the system and they told him for me to give the hospital his ssn but idk why...the hospital never asked so idk what to do
    because you DH's SSN is your Health Insurance Policy number with Tricare.

Did you show your ID to them at the front or rather when they came back to your room to have you sign the paperwork?
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  5. i miss my little boy so much :(
    i didnt have my dependent id, i didnt go on base and i was pregnant at the time...my husband was having trouble with getting my id and i got it on thursday...im just scared of getting trouble
  6. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    If Tricare says you were covered on the date that you were seen in the hospital, all you need to do is get into contact with the hospitals billing department and provide them your insurance information. After that, they can re-bill it for you.
  7. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    If Tricare says you were covered on the date that you were seen in the hospital, all you need to do is get into contact with the hospitals billing department and provide them your insurance information. After that, they can re-bill it for you.
    yeppers.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  8. i miss my little boy so much :(
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    oh okay thanks!
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Definitely call Tricare, but don't be surprised if you get stuck with the bill. Tricare clearly states that if you go to a civilian hospital you must contact Tricare within 24 hours. Failure to contact within 24 hours could result in you being stuck with the bill.

When they asked for insurance info (all hospitals do) you need to tell them you are military and either produce your ID card or your spouses ID card, or if you have them Tricare medical card (yes they do supply those).

As far as the hospital is concerned, you didn't provide any information. Tricare has every right to deny payment if you didn't follow procedure.

Call Tricare to confirm.
  10. i miss my little boy so much :(
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Definitely call Tricare, but don't be surprised if you get stuck with the bill. Tricare clearly states that if you go to a civilian hospital you must contact Tricare within 24 hours. Failure to contact within 24 hours could result in you being stuck with the bill.

When they asked for insurance info (all hospitals do) you need to tell them you are military and either produce your ID card or your spouses ID card, or if you have them Tricare medical card (yes they do supply those).

As far as the hospital is concerned, you didn't provide any information. Tricare has every right to deny payment if you didn't follow procedure.

Call Tricare to confirm.
    okie dokie will call them but i didnt know they did that though im new to this haha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast