Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricare question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tricare question

Advertisements
    So since we just moved up here from Oregon it's time that I find a new PCM. In oregon I wasn't near a military care facility.. my questions are is it better to go to a military care facility than a civilian doctor that accepts tricare

Also is it better if I call triwest and have them assign me a PCM or should I look on their website and find my own!

I need to do this to make my first appointment since I just found out i'm pregnant and i've never done all this before! Thank you in advance!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Depends if your prime or standard.
    Prime you pretty much have to go on base.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Are you Prime or Standard -- were you Prime Remote where you were before?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh i'm Prime!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

also do you know the website so I can get dental now too? I need to go in for a teeth cleaning bad!
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Prime then you need to call the appointment line at the MTF, and they can instruct you on what they do for pregnancies. Like the last two bases had my go to family practice to get a referel to the lab, then I would go to the lab and get pee or blood work done. Then they would call with positive or neg, and they would intructe you want to do next
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    tricareonline.com should be able to get you to where in enroll for dental.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm not sure what your options are on Prime in that area. Sometimes if you're on Prime you can still see a civilian because they are "overfull" or whatever at the MTF. My sister recently told me that the women's health center she went to is now accepting Tricare. Not sure what kind of prenatal care and birth experience you're interested in, but she saw midwives (Certified Nurse Midwives) for her prenatal care and delivery--and she delivered at St. Joseph Medical Center (downtown Tacoma)--a hospital that actually allows water birth (not just LABORING in the water). Not sure if this is still true, but I think at the time (a little over a year ago), it was the only HOSPITAL in WA that allowed water birth. So if you're interested in that, I can get you more information and the name of the practice, just let me know.

I would not call Triwest--they told me that even on Standard, I could be forced to go to the military treatment facility. Either call or go to the Tricare office at Madigan (I assume there is one inside Madigan) and ask someone there if you can see a civilian provider for prenatal care and what you need to do in order to make that happen.

Good luck!! Congrats again on your pregnancy!!!!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Tricare Dental Program

Scroll down a little bit.. it should have a big square that says "Enroll now".. if it doesn't, click on the arrow to the right or left to scroll through the options until you see "Enroll now."
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    go to or call the Tricare office on base, they'll get you set up so you can get your initial into OB. Chances are you may end up at a civilian hospital anyway, almost all AF bases don't have the facilities to do L&D.

for dental its www.tricaredentalprogram.com, you have to enroll by the 20th to be seen by the 1st, so you won't be able to be seen until 1 July.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast