Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Root canal

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

Root canal

Advertisements
    Has anyone else had a root canal with united concordia? If you don't mind what was your co pay? My dentist told me I had no co pay at all but I finda it kinda strange. Also there's a 30$ co pay for a tooth extraction. Is this right?

2. jadedvoices
    jadedvoices
    I dont know a single thing, but I hope it goes well!!
    ‎"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

3. Moderator

It's much higher than that for both. Root canals and extractions are only covered 30%.
  4. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    It's much higher than that for both. Root canals and extractions are only covered 30%.
    This is what I thought. I've been to him three times already for a cleaning x rays and a consultation on a procedure that I want done and I have not been charged one penny. I dont know what his deal is? I dont know why he's not charging me? My MIL has to pay a 300$ co payment for her root canal and she has united healthcare. Also he said there's no co payment of silver fillings but it's 30 dollars on white ones?

I don't know what to do

5. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    ditto....i can bet once they process the paperwork and the insurance pays only so much they will reverse their stance and just send you the bill afterwards
  6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    ditto....i can bet once they process the paperwork and the insurance pays only so much they will reverse their stance and just send you the bill afterwards
    Isnt that illegal for them to tell me that theRe wouldn't be a co payment and them charge me later when I'm not expecting it? Especially if I so happen to get a receipt for the co payment I was told to pay?

7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

When I had a co-pay for my root canal it was right around $300.

I don't think that's illegal, either. Unless he's deliberately trying to deceive you, he could have just made a mistake and thought that there wasn't a copay when there really was. I guess you could always ask a lawyer, but personally I don't think that it should be.

If you're not expecting it, most offices will work with you on a payment plan.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    It's his front desk lady that told me that. You would think she's had to deal with ucci before right? That she should already know at least somewhat. May e I should find another dentist who won't blindside me

9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It really depends on where you are. If you're in a military town, sure ... if not, not really. My dad works for a clinic and he told me a lot of the nurses and receptionist think dealing with Tricare is hard because it's just handled differently than most other insurance companies.

I had a checkup in my hometown before I moved to Ft. Hood, and I got a letter in the mail saying my claim was denied because they filed it with TriCare. I had to call them back and ask them to file it with United Concordia. A lot of times they just don't know if they don't have experience with military patients.

Did you sign any paperwork? Before I got my root canal I had to sign something about how the co-pay would probably be X amount and I agreed to that, but that it could vary slightly depending on the insurance. If they gave you something saying there would be no copay maybe there would be something you could do?
  10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    It really depends on where you are. If you're in a military town, sure ... if not, not really. My dad works for a clinic and he told me a lot of the nurses and receptionist think dealing with Tricare is hard because it's just handled differently than most other insurance companies.

I had a checkup in my hometown before I moved to Ft. Hood, and I got a letter in the mail saying my claim was denied because they filed it with TriCare. I had to call them back and ask them to file it with United Concordia. A lot of times they just don't know if they don't have experience with military patients.

Did you sign any paperwork? Before I got my root canal I had to sign something about how the co-pay would probably be X amount and I agreed to that, but that it could vary slightly depending on the insurance. If they gave you something saying there would be no copay maybe there would be something you could do?
    I haven't yet. I get the root canal on June 7th

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast