Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tricare help, regarding podiatry coverage?

  1. Another countdown begins...
    Meghann's Avatar
    Meghann is offline
    Another countdown begins...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,361
    #1

    Tricare help, regarding podiatry coverage?

    Advertisements
    I'm wondering if any of you might know if Tricare would cover visits to a podiatrist? If so, how would I go about all that? or if you know of a website that might help me out I would greatly appreciate it! TIA
  2. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cat's Avatar
    Cat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    21,167
    #2
    oh yeah tricare should cover it. i have been seeing one for the past few months and just had heel surgery and tricare has covered everything.


  3. Banned
    HEIDI's Avatar
    HEIDI is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,260
    #3
    as long as your referred, and the provider takes tricare
  4. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cat's Avatar
    Cat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    21,167
    #4
    first you would need to find a podiatrist that accepts tricare and then call up your PCM and they may need to see you first but im not 100% sure on that. if there is nothing they can do and you have to see a podiatrist then just tell your PCM who you want to go see. I just had them assign me a podiatrist that accepts tricare. I liked him alot too.


  5. Another countdown begins...
    Meghann's Avatar
    Meghann is offline
    Another countdown begins...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,361
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by catdiesta62 View Post
    first you would need to find a podiatrist that accepts tricare and then call up your PCM and they may need to see you first but im not 100% sure on that. if there is nothing they can do and you have to see a podiatrist then just tell your PCM who you want to go see. I just had them assign me a podiatrist that accepts tricare. I liked him alot too.
    Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I was looking for.
  6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cat's Avatar
    Cat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    21,167
    #6
    yep glad to have helped ya out there. good luck with whatever the problem is. i have had two types of foot surgery. one to remove a bunion and the other i just recently had with a release to a tendon in my left heel.


  7. Another countdown begins...
    Meghann's Avatar
    Meghann is offline
    Another countdown begins...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,361
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by catdiesta62 View Post
    yep glad to have helped ya out there. good luck with whatever the problem is. i have had two types of foot surgery. one to remove a bunion and the other i just recently had with a release to a tendon in my left heel.
    yeah, I need to see someone about what I think is a bunion it's definitely not a callus or a corn, well at least I don't think it is... I actually have 2 on each foot, in the exact same places and I hate them! I think I'll wait till after the first of the year to try to get an appt. though.

    Was the surgery/recovery to have the bunion removed painful?
  8. Legs
    Guest
    Legs's Avatar
    Guest
    #8
    Haha what a crazy post I just took my daughter to the podiatrist. Her appt's are covered, but her $750 orthotics are not!

    Good luck!
  9. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cat's Avatar
    Cat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    21,167
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BM2wife05 View Post
    yeah, I need to see someone about what I think is a bunion it's definitely not a callus or a corn, well at least I don't think it is... I actually have 2 on each foot, in the exact same places and I hate them! I think I'll wait till after the first of the year to try to get an appt. though.

    Was the surgery/recovery to have the bunion removed painful?

    well i am not gonna lie to you and tell you it wasnt painful. recovery was worse than the actual surgery because they will make you use crutches and i couldnt get the hang of them so i really didnt use them. i have a bunion on my left foot but im not gonna let anyone touch that one because its not giving me pain like the other one did. i want to wish you good luck.


  10. Another countdown begins...
    Meghann's Avatar
    Meghann is offline
    Another countdown begins...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,361
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by catdiesta62 View Post
    well i am not gonna lie to you and tell you it wasnt painful. recovery was worse than the actual surgery because they will make you use crutches and i couldnt get the hang of them so i really didnt use them. i have a bunion on my left foot but im not gonna let anyone touch that one because its not giving me pain like the other one did. i want to wish you good luck.
    thanks for the honesty, I appreciate it. I'm just going to that it's not something that will require surgery, just the word gives me the heeby jeebies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •