Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dental insurance - 20th of each month is the enrollment deadline!

1. Regular Member
    Him: Afghanistan Me: Holding down the fort

Duh Dental insurance - 20th of each month is the enrollment deadline!

Advertisements
    I had no idea the deadline to enroll for United Concordia was the 20th day of every month in order to start coverage on the first of the next month. I enrolled on May 21st so my coverage will not begin until July 1st. If I had enrolled a day earlier on May 20th, my coverage would begin on June 1st!

I am kicking myself right now because I wanted to get into the dentist quickly but now I will be waiting another month.... I had dental coverage through my old job, but last week was my last day because I am going back to school.

I just wanted to let you ladies know about the enrollment deadline for those of you who are thinking about enrolling or haven't done so yet!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    yes, it is clearly stated on the website-

sorry you have to wait.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirly View Post
    I had no idea the deadline to enroll for United Concordia was the 20th day of every month in order to start coverage on the first of the next month. I enrolled on May 21st so my coverage will not begin until July 1st. If I had enrolled a day earlier on May 20th, my coverage would begin on June 1st!

I am kicking myself right now because I wanted to get into the dentist quickly but now I will be waiting another month.... I had dental coverage through my old job, but last week was my last day because I am going back to school.

I just wanted to let you ladies know about the enrollment deadline for those of you who are thinking about enrolling or haven't done so yet!
    depending on the state you live in, you should be covered till the end of the month. Maybe if you can get in this week you will be ok.

Good Luck!!!
  4. AMD
    Some dentists will wait to file the paperwork if you inform them of your situation.

I got married after the 20th of the month, so I ended up having to wait about 5 weeks to be covered under Tricare and United Concordia (I think that's the dental insurance, I can never remember though). I got a really bad gum infection about 2 weeks before everything kicked in. I went into my dentist planning to just pay out of pocket, and the ladies at the front desk said they would hold the paperwork until the first.
    Last edited by AMD; 05-24-2011 at 07:58 AM.
  5. Regular Member
    Thanks for the helpful advice ladies! I really appreciate you sharing your advice and input.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD View Post
    Some dentists will wait to file the paperwork if you inform them of your situation.

I got married after the 20th of the month, so I ended up having to wait about 5 weeks to be covered under Tricare and United Concordia (I think that's the dental insurance, I can never remember though). I got a really bad gum infection about 2 weeks before everything kicked in. I went into my dentist planning to just pay out of pocket, and the ladies at the front desk said they would hold the paperwork until the first.
    And if they or you get caught everyone in the situation could get in major trouble for fraud.
  7. AMD
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    And if they or you get caught everyone in the situation could get in major trouble for fraud.
    I asked if it was legal, and she said it was .

Now that I think about it, I think she said "It's fine, honey." Hmmm, not necessarily a yes.... Well, I will happily pay the government back their $100. I honestly didn't care about much of anything at the time besides getting my antibiotic mouth rinse at the moment, because of the pain.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well you asked, which is a good thing.

I just didint want the OP thinking it was a legit way to get care. If the insurance company found out the office could get sued big time and if the patient knew (and sometimes even if they didn't) that it wasn't legal they could have action taken against them too.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ki~Ki* View Post
    depending on the state you live in, you should be covered till the end of the month. Maybe if you can get in this week you will be ok.

Good Luck!!!
    Good news ladies! I called and found out I have dental coverage through the end of the month until May 31st through my employer! I went this morning and was able to get in for my teeth cleaning. Thanks *Ki~Ki* for giving me the advice to check to see if I had dental coverage through my employer until the end of the month!
    Last edited by georgiagirly; 05-24-2011 at 02:27 PM.