Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest City // BAH // Moving

1. Senior Member

Forest City // BAH // Moving

Advertisements
    So DH and I are moving out of housing as soon as our lease expires (June 30th), not a PCS, just a move to another town with cheaper rent. We have to give notice at the beginning of this month and my big question is: When do we start receiving BAH again in DH's paychecks?

From what has been described to me via Forest City they will prorate the last month, but that doesn't make sense due to the fact that we'll be completely out of our place on the 30th and so that is that... Would we receive BAH for his July 1 paycheck or would it be back pay after that? I know the military takes a while to get things moving, but it's frustrating while trying to come up with the move money...

Any feedback is much much much appreciated!! Thanks
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Confused. Your DH is already getting BAH, its just taken out (or allotted) to the private housing company.

All that needs to be done is the stopping of the allotment. I don't know if that is you or the housing company. The BAH on July 1 is for June (specifically 15-30 June), so the BAH for July you wouldn't 'get' until the 15 July paycheck.

The paycheck is for the previous month. So, the 1st of month LES is for 1-30/31 of previous month, its then split in two. So, your 1 June paycheck is for 1-31 May (the other half).

Make sense? or does that answer your question?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Confused. Your DH is already getting BAH, its just taken out (or allotted) to the private housing company.

All that needs to be done is the stopping of the allotment. I don't know if that is you or the housing company. The BAH on July 1 is for June (specifically 15-30 June), so the BAH for July you wouldn't 'get' until the 15 July paycheck.

The paycheck is for the previous month. So, the 1st of month LES is for 1-30/31 of previous month, its then split in two. So, your 1 June paycheck is for 1-31 May (the other half).

Make sense? or does that answer your question?
    I believe DH is having the amount allotted to the housing co. Should we stop allotments in advance or after we move out?

That makes sense, thank you!
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I would stop the allotment in advance, and then just pay the housing company whatever you owe.

You'll want to stop the allotment I believe before the 20th of the month for it to not be allotted, but he can ask finance to be sure.

You'll probably end up having to pay for 2 weeks worth of rent to the housing company. They would get the allotment from the 15th, but not the one from the 1st.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by ashypea View Post
    I believe DH is having the amount allotted to the housing co. Should we stop allotments in advance or after we move out?

That makes sense, thank you!
    Housing usually cancels the allotment once you have cleared inspection, however it would be best to go into finance once you have the papers from housing just to make sure (we have never had to do that though). But yeah as PP said the BAH you recieve on the first will be for 15-31 May so you will not see BAH going directly into your account until June 15th paycheck

Banned
    You still owe last months rent for Forest City. You usually move in the first month, and don't pay, and then end up paying after you no longer live there, unless you have given extra rent money throughout living there.

I imagine you will receive BAH back in your salary, by Aug.1st.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    You still owe last months rent for Forest City. You usually move in the first month, and don't pay, and then end up paying after you no longer live there, unless you have given extra rent money throughout living there.

I imagine you will receive BAH back in your salary, by Aug.1st.

ditto- with the BAH paid retroactively- you may not see the BAH until AUG 1st
  8. Senior Member
    We moved in mid June so paid out of pocket that first month so I don't see why they would keep our BAH for an additional month after we've already moved out... Getting more and more confused...
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

you know now that I think of it, we pay in advance for our housing here too. We had to pay like $75 when we moved in (a few days before the end of the month) to get the keys and then they started taking BAH out on the 1st.

You should be ok, so long as you have given them, enough notice and I would contact finance just to make sure

10. Senior Member
    I just turned in my move out date to housing yesterday. We talked about the stopping the BAH and stuff. We want our BAH in our check starting Aug 15th since thats our final inspection date. So what the lady at housing is going to do is stop the allotment Aug 1st, since that pays for July 15-31st. On Aug 1st we will need to bring in a money order for the pro-rated amount we will have to pay from Aug 1st - 15th. Just talk to the housing office and let them know what date you'd like to see the BAH back in your check. They will figure out how to make it work for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast