Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH questions

1. Missing her soldier!
    Missing her soldier!

BAH questions

Advertisements
    My fiance is deployed but he will be moving to a new base as soon as he gets back from deployment. We are getting married as soon as he gets home.... will I be able to move right away with him to Ft. Carson? I know we can't go after basic housing till we are married so was wondering if we will probably have to wait awhile for housing. I know it depends on what they have available at the time.... If there is a waiting list and I stay here in NC will he get paid separation pay?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

in order for them to move you there, he will have to have his papers amended before he PCS's I believe (including putting you in DEERS and adding you to his page 2). You will only get separation pay if you are separated for more than 30 days. You will have to call the housing office at the incoming base to see how long their wait list is.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmyhero92 View Post
    If there is a waiting list and I stay here in NC will he get paid separation pay?
    Not if you choose to be apart. The military only pays separation pay if they are the ones who will not let the dependents live in the same location as the military member.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    There are just so many if, ands or buts that can happen.

Like others said, for the military to move you, he has to have his orders amended stating accompanied tour. If that doesn't happen, then you will have to pay to move yourself. Housing he can get once he is married, not sure if orders make a difference on that. And separation only happens if the military is the one keeping you separated. Getting married in the middle of tour doesn't quantify separation pay.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    ok, since carson is a stateside location- they will not ammend the orders- they may pay for part of the HHG;s but getting you and your car there will be on your dime-

no sep pay because you choose to live apart-
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok, since carson is a stateside location- they will not ammend the orders- they may pay for part of the HHG;s but getting you and your car there will be on your dime-

no sep pay because you choose to live apart-
    This and below is the site for Ft Carson housing, to get housing (once he has orders and you have a marriage certificate) he will be able to submit a application, I believe you can do it online? Sometimes there isn't a long wait and sometimes there is.

Balfour Beatty Communities
  7. Missing her soldier!
    Missing her soldier!
    Quote Originally Posted by *AmberNicole* View Post
    This and below is the site for Ft Carson housing, to get housing (once he has orders and you have a marriage certificate) he will be able to submit a application, I believe you can do it online? Sometimes there isn't a long wait and sometimes there is.

Balfour Beatty Communities

Thanks so much for your help and giving me the link so I can add it to my favorites!! I will tell him to submit the application when he gets orders and we get the marriage certificate Thanks again!
  8. Missing her soldier!
    Missing her soldier!
    Thanks ladies for all your help!!! Paying to move there wont be a problem because I can drive there if need be w/ my stuff! We are buying most of the stuff when we get there so I will only have clothes, my car, tv, and dishes so could easily fit