Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare

1. Mrs.Bueller

Tricare

Advertisements
    I have just restarted my Tricare. I had it when I was under my father's roof.
    Back then all my perscriptions were 3 dollars a piece, accept for narcotics (ie Hydrocodone) Those were 9 dollars a piece.

I went to go pick up my normal prescriptions and I was charged 22 dollars for Lexapro. They said that the co-pay was high on that.

I have been on it for years and the co-pay was always 3 dollars. I don't know if it is because I am pregnant and they deem it unnessicary, if so, what do I do to get them to bring the price down. I have never heard of a 22 dollar co-pay for any perscription under Tricare. Any advice?
  2. GinaKina
    Wow, that's a lot. I'm sorry I don't have any info, I have yet to get a prescription that wasn't "free".
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    What about getting it filled at an MTF?!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    some perscriptions have gone up for name brand. only way around it is by going to a MTF or doing the mail order.
  5. Mrs.Bueller
    It isn't a name brand, its generic. And no MTF near by. I tried calling and they said "We have to speak to your sponsor" and hung up on me.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Are you prime or standard? That sounds really high. I know 1 time I had to pay full price for some vicoden (generic) because they couldnt get thru to tricare. I would call and ask because that doesnt sound right to me. ALL my scripts in town have ALWAYS been 3 for generic and 9 for name brand
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Bueller View Post
    It isn't a name brand, its generic. And no MTF near by. I tried calling and they said "We have to speak to your sponsor" and hung up on me.
    Who said they had to speak with the sponsor? Tricare? Call back. I deal with them ALL the time. NEVER has my husband had to call for me
  8. Mrs.Bueller
    Tricare Prime, and yes. I called Tricare and told them that the perscription was high, and the said they needed to speak with my sponsor and hung up. What if my husband was in Iraq? What could I do then? But Rite Aid called me and told me that I shouldn't be on Lexapro because I am pregnant. I wonder if Rite Aid told tricare, when they called to confirm, that I shouldn't be on Lexapro? If so, my Primary refered me, and my OB perscribed them. So what is the deal?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If your script was a tier 3 script then yeah it is 22 bucks.

Here is the info off their site

http://www.tricare.mil/pharmacy/copay.cfm
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    LEXAPRO TABLET Brand Non-formulary $22.00 $22.00 Formulary alternatives are listed on this page. If non-formulary medications are determined to be medically necessary, lower formulary copay applies.
    Effective 19 July 2006, this is designated as non-formulary under the DoD Uniform Formulary.

http://www.tricareformularysearch.or...an_id=30000141
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast