Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Compass Spouse???

1. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Compass Spouse???

Advertisements
    Go COMPASS

I put this in this in "Military Benefits" because it is kind of a benefit. I'll move if necessary!

Has anyone ever participated in the "Compass Spouse" program? I'm thinking about doing it. I mine as well get acquainted with Navy Life. The only issue is that it might be kind of weird... I'd be going to classes at either NAS Jax or NS Mayport... but my fiancee is stationed in Virginia. Lol!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the program.
  2. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
  3. Senior Member
    Well, since it's a Navy thing (I gather...) I haven't heard of it or done it, but the Marine Corps offers a L.I.N.K.S program which sounds similar and had a lot of good information about different programs that are available to help families out. It got to be a bit long, but definitely worth the info.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. Senior Member
    I attended the classes when i first married DH. It was GREAT on info! I think every new spouse should attend a class. Its even good for seasoned spouses to attend.

5. Senior Member
    COMPASS - A Spouse's Guide to Navy Life

No thoughts on the program since this is the first ive heard of it so I googled it but I did find this awesome website!

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  6. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    LINKS and COMPASS are pretty much the same thing. COMPASS is based off of LINKS and sometimes the classes are combined at bases. I took one about 10 years ago at our first duty station and loved it. I found it very informative of things that were important to me as a spouse. There were spouses in my class that had been married 12, 16 years learning something new in it (times and procedures change, people come up with new/better ways to do things, etc).

I was able to a have a relatively smooth first move with the military that was cross country due to the information and tips I received at the class. When DD was born during DH's deployment, I was able to send him things and do things for her to help them connect. Things I would have never thought of on my own that I got from the class. A lot of the things you see on websites, like this one, these days about dealing with moves and deployments and financial things, I first heard years ago in my COMPASS class.

After taking COMPASS, I felt much more prepared for and informed about military life as a new spouse than a lot of other new spouses I met over the years.

I doubt they'll care much that your DH is stationed at another base.