Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Documents needed after marriage...?

1. Senior Member

Confused Documents needed after marriage...?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if I should place this in the Weddings forum or not so I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong place.

I'm getting married on May 20 and I'm not positive what documents I'll need after we get married so that I can be enrolled in DEERS and get my military ID. I looked at the thread for fiances and future spouses but I'm still a little confused.

Do I need my birth certificate? And if so does is need to be a CERTIFIED copy of my birth certificate or can it be a photocopy?

DH: "I love you so much beautiful. Thanks for always being there and believing in me. It just makes me love you more!"
  2. Senior Member
    copy of ur marriage liscense, and an id with your new last name and ss card with new last name. at least i had to have all of that oh yea and my birth certificate. I just took a copy.
  3. Senior Member
    From what i've read it varies it couldn't hurt to call and ask
  4. Everyday is a new day
    Everyday is a new day
    I needed marriage certificate, 2 forms of ID, and a certified birth certificate. your duty station's website should have the info needed on the Id card center's section.

i my fall 09 wives
  5. Senior Member
    I needed my birth certificate, driver license, social security card and marriage license
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Geographically Arkansas, but Carolina in my mind...
    I just did this all last week, and I needed a certified copy of my marriage license, my birth certificate, a photo ID and my social security card.

None of my ID's had my married name on them yet, but they went ahead and put it on my military ID.
  7. Senior Member
    It's good to have copies of your birth Certificate but they will need to see the original. Also if your smart, you will make sure that you have the one that is needed for passports. I know in several states they have 2 or 3 different ones and you have to specify which one you want (California happens to be one of them).
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  8. Senior Member
    I don't have a passport and never have. I'm lame and have never been out of the country lol. BUT I did request a certified copy of my birth certificate from the records department in the city I was born in last week so hopefully I'll receive it by May 20.

DH: "I love you so much beautiful. Thanks for always being there and believing in me. It just makes me love you more!"
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Really depends on where you go, best bet is to call the specific base and ask.

I needed our marriage license, drivers license, SS card (well actually mine was a certified letter from the SS office because I turned in my old one and was waiting on my new one), drivers license, and I had a copy of my birth certificate.
  10. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by kellysaav View Post
    I don't have a passport and never have. I'm lame and have never been out of the country lol. BUT I did request a certified copy of my birth certificate from the records department in the city I was born in last week so hopefully I'll receive it by May 20.
    good luck! dont forget to have your DH there with you he has to bring his ID as well
    Also, not every DEERS office will put your new last name on it unless its on your ID's but you'll probably get lucky more do than dont.

congrats on the wedding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast