Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Space A

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Space A

Advertisements
    I'm trying to sign up for space a travel from Hickam to Traver in California.
    I'm not Command Sponsored. Can I fly under category six as an unaccompanied dependant with a Noncommand sponsored dependent letter stating my ability to travel from the Commander?
    I'm pretty sure this is right, but I thought I would run it by you ladies.
  2. Senior Member
    Sound right to me. It's how I was told I could visit DH in Korea, we opted to just pay for a flight though.
  3. PRETZEL
    PRETZEL
    IF you have the letter that states you can fly Space A ~ and are doing so without your sponsor then you will be CAT V not VI ... that is for retirees.

Does your letter state how long your sponsor is deployed? Deployment status *might* change your category.
  4. Senior Member
    I thought you lived on post/base. They allow non-command sponsored dependents to live on post/base in Hawaii? Doesn't really matter as unaccompanied command sponsored and non-command sponsored dependents are both cat V for space-a, the letter is just a little different. Oh, and you should have the letter before you sign up because you aren't eligible without the letter and you have to be eligible to sign up.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    I thought you lived on post/base. They allow non-command sponsored dependents to live on post/base in Hawaii? Doesn't really matter as unaccompanied command sponsored and non-command sponsored dependents are both cat V for space-a, the letter is just a little different. Oh, and you should have the letter before you sign up because you aren't eligible without the letter and you have to be eligible to sign up.
    I do live on post. haha Does that mean that I am command sponsored? I seriously do not understand all this business. lol My husband is not deployed, he just cannot take leave.
  6. PRETZEL
    PRETZEL
    Get the letter and sign up at Hickam. As stated by PP you need the letter. With no sponsor and no deployment status you'll be a Cat V
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Get the letter and sign up at Hickam. As stated by PP you need the letter. With no sponsor and no deployment status you'll be a Cat V
    YAY. Thank you for confirming.
  8. Regular Member
    I posted a new thread about Space A which includes a link..check it out!!! Once you have registered, there are a few people that know the Space A rules inside and out, contact one of them to get more info on your status. You can pm me if you want me to give you the members contact names.