Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The base housing list

1. Senior Member

The base housing list

Advertisements
    H and I called this morning and we're number 47 on the list and right now - and there working on houses for number 31 and 32. I know it varies from base to base and situation to situation but in YOUR experience are these numbers good to get us out by the end of may? Do the numbers actually mean anything?
    We want to be out of this place by the end of may and our roomates want us out too and base housing is definanlty the easiest option out here. Of course we picked " first availble any neighborhood" and we are not in a lease; being we can move out right away.
    Halp? this is me -> this is DH->
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

There wasn't a wait list for the housing in Portales (which is where I am) so I dunno!
  3. You are here.
    You are here.
    ummm, idk, i think you are taking a huge chance by depending on numbers....what happens if betwee 31 and 32 no one moves out until the end of may, and numbers 33 through 46 don't get houses? IDK, you may have to make arrangements to stay where you are at until you get notified that you actually have a house, or find a place that will be willing to do a month to month, or even take you chances and find a hotel that will let you pay week to week. good luck though.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Hmmm it's really hard to say because I don't know where you guys were on the list, say, a month ago... and I have no idea how many units are available (but it's good that you said any available). I think the housing staff would be the best people to give you an idea! I have no idea what "number" we are on the list, but the housing we're moving into has a 1-3 month wait list and we went on the list 3.5 months before we want to move in, so we were assured that we shouldn't have a problem.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    it really is hard to say...

can you find out what the numbers have been like, meaning how long have 31 and 32 been on the waiting list?
    are 31 and 32 now 1 and 2? or are there still 30 other people in front of them?

Plus, if anyone comes from overseas or arrives due to BOLC then they go to the top of list, so you can go from 47 to 50. There are still 16 people ahead of you in only a month's time... that's a lot.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless you get a bunch of people to PCS or move out of housing in the next few days, I don't think end of May is feasible. It takes one person almost 2 weeks just to vacate housing with having to do the inspections and actual moving.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    There was a 0-3months wait list for us. Within 3 weeks, we got a call.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    There wasn't a wait list for the housing in Portales (which is where I am) so I dunno!
    YAY! commmeee onnnn
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    ummm, idk, i think you are taking a huge chance by depending on numbers....what happens if betwee 31 and 32 no one moves out until the end of may, and numbers 33 through 46 don't get houses? IDK, you may have to make arrangements to stay where you are at until you get notified that you actually have a house, or find a place that will be willing to do a month to month, or even take you chances and find a hotel that will let you pay week to week. good luck though.
    I- ME- WIFEY do not want to take a chance on the numbers and i'm really looking for a " inbetween " place. I haven't had any luck but i'm always one of those people who think the worst will happen. HUBS however thinks we'll be just fine, they'll let us stay, or something will happen and we'll have a place. He's one of those people who thinks the universe will provide and lucky him it has most of the time
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post

can you find out what the numbers have been like, meaning how long have 31 and 32 been on the waiting list?

Plus, if anyone comes from overseas or arrives due to BOLC then they go to the top of list, so you can go from 47 to 50. There are still 16 people ahead of you in only a month's time... that's a lot.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless you get a bunch of people to PCS or move out of housing in the next few days, I don't think end of May is feasible. It takes one person almost 2 weeks just to vacate housing with having to do the inspections and actual moving.
    Right now they are moving people into 3 beds. which they have extra of- 31 and 32 are the people on the list who get the 3 beds. now. Of course we only get a 2 bed but it all trickles down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirasmama10 View Post
    There was a 0-3months wait list for us. Within 3 weeks, we got a call.
    we got 30 to 60 days the first time and today we got " 30 days"
  9. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy

I would have to say this. I know when our house sold after being on the market for only 2 weeks... and we were supprised and needed a place. Even though we had been stationed in Gulfport for 3 yrs already because of the pred. that we were in we were bumped to the head of the line and actually got a house the day I went into find out about it.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It is really frustrating because there really is no rhyme or reason to the list sometimes. You can move up and down that list and have times when it moves rapidly and then times when it will just plain freeze up.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast