Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Grrr Army!

1. Senior Member

Bang Head Grrr Army!

Advertisements
    Okay, I had to send DHs orders, a copy of his LES statement, my DEERS papers and since the babies were JUST BORN their birth certificates since we havent had them enrolled in DEERS yet to the housing office in Hunter AAF. WELLLL I got a phone call from the housing office saying were next on the waiting list BUT they wont have any 2 bedrooms available for a while, BUT they have a 3 bedroom if we want it, and Im like HELL YEH! So the woman told me when DH went down for In-processing to stop at the housing office to get everything prepared so we can get it. I was soooo excited! THEN the army pulled a ninja mind F*ck on us and when he went down there they said, OHhhh your not on the waiting list, & they got ahold of the lady who called me and SHE said, she "tried" to call me back a few days later [MMMhmmm] & we have to have the twins enrolled in DEERS so they took us off the waiting list and then well go back on the waiting list but well be at the bottom after he enrolls them! WTF?? They told me they only needed their birth certificates, if I would have known that we would have jumped on enrolling them sooner. UGH! Sometimes I sware they just like to get your hopes up and CRUSH them! So hopefully we can get a place. I already told my landlord Ill be out at the end of May or sooner, [because they called me and said we had a house waiting for us] & so she has someone who is moving in on June 1st and now I dunno if well have a place or not. I dunno what Im gonna do. I might have to put our sh*t in storage and me and the twins stay in a motel or something until we get something. Im telling you, this is me right now ------>

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    sorry that happened! that lady needs a good kick in the bum. I hope it works out for your family! those babies are precious<3
  3. Senior Member
    I would file a complaint. Especially since you're now pretty much homeless for a while because of the mistake. At least it won't happen to anyone else hopefully. We've always had our kids into DEERS within the first week, its just easier.

Hope you find something soon.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Not sure what good a complaint would do. All she can complain about is the lady's incompetence, but rules are rules. Hard lesson learned, enroll in DEERS ASAP.

Sorry you are dealing with this mess.
  5. Senior Member
    Your twins are cute. Have you tried to go to the legal office at the base you are stationed at and tell them the issue and see what they can do. I know my husband has had to deal with a few situations like that before. just try you never know. hope you get it figured out.
  6. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  7. Senior Member
    DH enrolled the twins today and we are now #6 they said we would go to the bottom but we are still above the people who wont be there for a while so the lady also told DH since the babies are enrolled we could probably contact the lady who told me about the 3bdrm and see if its still available for us and we might still have a chance at getting it!

8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorjes View Post
    DH enrolled the twins today and we are now #6 they said we would go to the bottom but we are still above the people who wont be there for a while so the lady also told DH since the babies are enrolled we could probably contact the lady who told me about the 3bdrm and see if its still available for us and we might still have a chance at getting it!
    good luck honey!!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012