Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Leave

Advertisements
    I was just wondering if there is a certain type of leave that my df can take so we can get married for sure in the date we have planned?
  2. Senior Member

Just annual leave...if he is stateside
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Just annual leave...if he is stateside
    And that is never guaranteed. You mentioned a "for sure" date. Nothing is for sure in the military until after it already happened. I hope he gets leave and it works out for you though. When are you thinking of getting married?
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    The best thing he can do is route a leave chit (is that what they call it in all branches or just the Navy? LOL)--and see if maybe someone in his command can tell him a good time to plan on leave. Unfortunately NOTHING is ever a guarantee in the military... which is why so many of us plan weddings on such short notice, I think.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. AMD
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    The best thing he can do is route a leave chit (is that what they call it in all branches or just the Navy? LOL)--and see if maybe someone in his command can tell him a good time to plan on leave. Unfortunately NOTHING is ever a guarantee in the military... which is why so many of us plan weddings on such short notice, I think.
    That's just the Navy (and maybe the Marine Corps). I know I haven't heard the word chit since my Annapolis days

OP, have your SO ask what good dates would be and plan around that. Also, don't plan too far in advanced. DH and I planned a wedding without knowing what was going on around that time frame. Guess what, we picked a bad weekend and had to cancel. After invites had been sent out. It sucked. Definitely have him talk to his chain of command before you guys set a date. Good luck!
  6. Senior Member
    DF started talking to his CO about our wedding date like a year in advance - his CO worked with him to make sure he could come home for it. Get him to talk to his CO - while nothing is ever for sure - most COs aren't trying to mess up people's lives or make it hard on them, so talking to them well in advance could help keep it on their radar.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well we set the date for December 17 and the guy in charge said it shouldn't be a problem but I just want it all to go ok
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lynse View Post
    Well we set the date for December 17 and the guy in charge said it shouldn't be a problem but I just want it all to go ok
    You'll just have to hope and pray!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lynse View Post
    Have a Plan B, Plan C, and even a Plan D in place, just in case. Like the other ladies have said, nothing is for certain until it's already happened.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    nothing is for sure- he should make sure he gets his leave chit in as soon as they let him!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast