Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED TO GET MILItary ID :/ STIll..

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Smile NEED TO GET MILItary ID :/ STIll..

Advertisements
    So my husband said he submited all our information during bootcamp so I could recieve my part of the benenfits. I still have yet to recieve anything I need to get my military Id so I was wondering what exactly do I need to take to a base so I can get one? Probably a silly question but I would like to get it before we get to our first duty station. Thanks
    Last edited by sailorswife3479; 04-13-2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: forgot something
  2. Senior Member
    You would need POA to do it without him, I believe. Usually you need a regular ID or drivers license, birth certificate, social security card and marriage certificate.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

When my husband was in bmt they gave him paperwork for him to send me so I could take that in to get my ID
  4. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    You would need POA to do it without him, I believe. Usually you need a regular ID or drivers license, birth certificate, social security card and marriage certificate.
    I didn't need POA to get my ID. Once DH had me enrolled in DEERS all I needed was two forms of Id to get my card. I think I used my drivers license and my student ID

5. Banned
    Banned
    he should have sent you the form you need to take with you- then take 2 forms of ID and just go to the nearest base to get your card
    TK
    I just went and got my id yesterday without my DH. I needed DD Form 1172 (original not a copy), my driver's license and my Social Security card.
  7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    When my husband was in bmt they gave him paperwork for him to send me so I could take that in to get my ID
    Ditto, this is what I have been told. That the info and what I would need would be in the packet he sends home.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    What she said. Maybe it different when he's in boot camp but here in San Diego DH went with me to get mine and we had to provide a gov issued id birth certificate ss card and marriage certificate. We had to go a few times cuz of some other issues but if I would have gone without him the lady said I would have needed to bring my poa as well. Maybe different bases do things differently?
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Yeah I never recieved the package that he said they were supposed to send me. Thanks for all your help ladies ill be getting on it asap
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Expect it about 3 weeks after he arrives at boot camp. He completes it all week 1. You are processed into DEERS week two. DH completed a POA and that was send home with the DD1172 and other info. I got it week 3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast