Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID card update?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused ID card update?

Advertisements
    SandyKay's post got me thinking...

My ID card is a few promotions behind. Is it important to get a new card with DH's rank progression, or just keep this one and don't let it expire? I feel like I am wasting someone's time just so my card says his new rank. Will not updating it change anything?

Thanks
  2. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Id make an appointment and drag DB with you to renew it. When I worked in the DEERS office we would do this a lot if a member was promoted and told them to not forget to bring in their DEP's so they can be updated. They have to update theirs, you should update yours.
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Yes you should have it updated when they make rank. This is a good idea to do as there are some benefits that higher ranks are eligible for (eg. parking spaces) that lower ranks arent and vice verses (here E% and below are able to shop at Airmans Attic, higher ranks and officers can not. Also E4 and below having their first baby can get a special baby basket when they attend the bundles for babies class).

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    LOL, he never updated his either. His online hard drive space is linked to his chip in his current ID. The DEERS office can't guarantee his new ID card will still link to the same online harddrive and he doesn't want to lose his data. This apparently has happened to two of his colleagues so he is a bit concerned. He is holding out until someone says he MUST update his CAC.

Technically, our IDs match, they are both wrong.
  5. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly519 View Post
    LOL, he never updated his either. His online hard drive space is linked to his chip in his current ID. The DEERS office can't guarantee his new ID card will still link to the same online harddrive and he doesn't want to lose his data. This apparently has happened to two of his colleagues so he is a bit concerned. He is holding out until someone says he MUST update his CAC.

Technically, our IDs match, they are both wrong.
    Ive seen NCO's chew people out for not updating their ID's. Also at the gate if they notice your rank and your CAC dont match that puts up red flags and heaps of trouble. he needs to go in and get it done and then work on it working with his computer; it should work fine since your certificates will be on the new chip.
  6. Senior Member
    My ID card is a few promotions behind. Is it important to get a new card with DH's rank progression, or just keep this one and don't let it expire? I feel like I am wasting someone's time just so my card says his new rank.
    I usually felt the same way. With most promotions the change is rank doesn't change anything for the spouse, so why bother to change it?
  7. wishin
    wishin
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    I usually felt the same way. With most promotions the change is rank doesn't change anything for the spouse, so why bother to change it?
    because most activities our on a pay scale. like everyone on this base pays less for being an e5 and below for things..

back in ship life you would pay by scale for parties and such..

there is a lot more to it, who would have though two letters could mean so much
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  8. Senior Member

SandyKay's post got me thinking...

My ID card is a few promotions behind. Is it important to get a new card with DH's rank progression, or just keep this one and don't let it expire? I feel like I am wasting someone's time just so my card says his new rank. Will not updating it change anything?

Thanks
    How is that possible, when it expires you get a new one.
    I never updated mine when dh made chief until my ID expired so who knows what the actual rules are on that.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    because most activities our on a pay scale. like everyone on this base pays less for being an e5 and below for things..

back in ship life you would pay by scale for parties and such..

there is a lot more to it, who would have though two letters could mean so much
    For every rank, or are they banded together like E-1 & E-2 pay one rate, E-3 & E-4 pay another rate, etc.? Is it necessary to get a new ID for every promotion? And for us, things that were based on rank were things my husband took care of not me.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    For every rank, or are they banded together like E-1 & E-2 pay one rate, E-3 & E-4 pay another rate, etc.? Is it necessary to get a new ID for every promotion? And for us, things that were based on rank were things my husband took care of not me.
    I think generally for the AF it is e-5 and below e-6 to c-msgt and than officer.

I know you are suppose to new ids with every promotions so your information on the sponsor is correct.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast