Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Changing Tricare regions??

1. Senior Member

Changing Tricare regions??

Advertisements
    I will be moving in a couple of months and I am clueless on how to transfer my tricare region. I'm looking up information online and it pointed me towards this form: http://www.triwest.com/document_libr...lment_West.pdf . It said to submit it to Humana military healthcare services. But then I looked elsewhere and the information I found stated that I must be enrolled in my new MTF before submitting this document.

It says "enrollment west" though, and I'm changing from tricare prime north to south. I'm just clueless how to get the ball rolling. Will it be more difficult to change regions because I'm pregnant? I'm hoping to get seen in May, prior to moving, and I won't be able to change regions until then. I'm sorry if this looks like a belligerent ramble, I am just so confused and also sick.

I'm about to head to the clinic to take a pee test (finally!), so I may not be back on to answer replies in the next little bit.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Normally you wait until you get to the new region before changing.
    You can go to the Tricare office on base (new base) and they will do all the changes for you and get you a new PCM and OB, etc.
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Just go into the tricare office at your new base and do the transfer from there. That is what we have always done

4. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    I will be moving in a couple of months and I am clueless on how to transfer my tricare region. I'm looking up information online and it pointed me towards this form: http://www.triwest.com/document_libr...lment_West.pdf . It said to submit it to Humana military healthcare services. But then I looked elsewhere and the information I found stated that I must be enrolled in my new MTF before submitting this document.

It says "enrollment west" though, and I'm changing from tricare prime north to south. I'm just clueless how to get the ball rolling. Will it be more difficult to change regions because I'm pregnant? I'm hoping to get seen in May, prior to moving, and I won't be able to change regions until then. I'm sorry if this looks like a belligerent ramble, I am just so confused and also sick.

I'm about to head to the clinic to take a pee test (finally!), so I may not be back on to answer replies in the next little bit.
    you can change preggers... I did... from VA (north) to FL (south).

Just call north... get the number for south (if you don't have it) and tell them what you are doing. I didn't have an MTF in TS before i changed.. but i knew the name of the hospital that I would be assigned to NAS Jax Naval Hosp. so I was able to give that information.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When you go to your new post and update your info in DEERS it will change it over. If they tell you otherwise you can go to the actual tricare office on the post.

Your old region will cover you if need be on your trip as well. It does not need to be changed over beforehand. I was around 28 weeks when we moved here and had to go to Tricare just because DH wasnt inprocessing a post until like a month after we got here (recruiting), so we had to go to Tricare to see how it would work, but it wasnt hard to switch once we got here.
  6. Senior Member
    Thank you guys so much! I think I was just confusing the crap out of myself trying to find all the info online. The process y'all described seems waaaay easier! Takes a load of stress off my mind because I'm pretty sure I was going bonkers! lol! Thanks again!