Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any/all help is welcome! (tricare questions!)

1. Senior Member

Help any/all help is welcome! (tricare questions!)

Advertisements
    not sure if this is in the right place, so mods feel free to move it if needs be!

So DH is in the reserves, so when he has orders over 30 days we're supposed to get medical. Well, we've been having some issues with tricare trying to get our insurance started.

I just checked and I'm not covered but he is am I supposed to do something more to activate MY insurance? I'm due for my next drs appt but can't go till I get this insurance figured out I have his POA for deers and tricare, so is there someone I'm supposed to call to get mine activated?

thanks for the help!
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  2. Senior Member
    Are you enrolled in DEERS? I don't know if it's different for Reserves, but once you've been enrolled in DEERS, you're automatically in Tricare Standard. From there, you have the option to switch to Prime.

Have you checked out Tricare's website?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efiwyvaN View Post
    Are you enrolled in DEERS? I don't know if it's different for Reserves, but once you've been enrolled in DEERS, you're automatically in Tricare Standard. From there, you have the option to switch to Prime.

This. And if you enrolled in DEERS after the 20th, I THINK (Correct me if I'm wrong!) you can go ahead and get enrolled in Prime but you have to stay in Standard until the next month. Then they will switch you into Prime if you choose the next month. I know I waited a month before I set up my appointment with my new PCM because that was when I was switched to Prime. You should get a packet with all sorts of information on it. At least I did.
  4. Senior Member

I am in DEERS and that's what's confusing, is I should be covered, but I'm not

I think they just wanna make DH and I wait when it comes to finding out if our sea monkey is a boy or a girl
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisGirlBackHome View Post

I think they just wanna make DH and I wait when it comes to finding out if our sea monkey is a boy or a girl
    Have you called Tricare?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
    This. And if you enrolled in DEERS after the 20th, I THINK (Correct me if I'm wrong!) you can go ahead and get enrolled in Prime but you have to stay in Standard until the next month. Then they will switch you into Prime if you choose the next month. I know I waited a month before I set up my appointment with my new PCM because that was when I was switched to Prime. You should get a packet with all sorts of information on it. At least I did.
    I was in before the 20th (I'm pretty sure) but I'm just not covered at all... and he's on active orders... I think I'm going to head down to ft.lewis soon and ask them to hlep me figure this all out. I'm about to pull my hair out!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisGirlBackHome View Post

Weird. Can you go to a Tricare office near you and talk to them? That and calling them are the only things I can think of. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  8. Senior Member
    Weird. Can you go to a Tricare office near you and talk to them? That and calling them are the only things I can think of. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    i believe I'm going to go down there this week, take his orders, and my POA down to the office and go bug some people
  9. Senior Member
    I know you must be frustrated! Things like that frustrate me too!

I definitely would call, or go to enroll. I do know that when I was enrolled in Deers they sent us down the hall to handle Tricare stuff. It might be easiest to go to base. They set me up with a PCM and everything when I went to the office.

Feel free to PM me, and good luck!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
    I know you must be frustrated! Things like that frustrate me too!

I definitely would call, or go to enroll. I do know that when I was enrolled in Deers they sent us down the hall to handle Tricare stuff. It might be easiest to go to base. They set me up with a PCM and everything when I went to the office.

Feel free to PM me, and good luck!
    Its just annoying! I wanna go in two weeks and find out what sea monkey is! i don't wanna wait much longer then that

thanks for your help everyone! I'm gonna get together with another Army wife later this week and go make sure I'm covered. I was just gonna try to do it without leaving my house... cause i'm that lazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast