Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: question about getting over paid

1. Regular Member

Help question about getting over paid

Advertisements
    so Dh emailed me to tell me that the army over paid us for drills this summer and that they took it out this pay check... my question is do they take it all in one shot ??? cause it was a biggg amount.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    YUP!
    Unfortunately when they want their money they will take it all at once... but if they are to give you/us money they are slower than a snail...

sorry, but he may not get a paycheck if it is more than what is pay is.
  3. Regular Member
    thankgod it's only a 1 shot deal....no i checked mypay and he got a check ....just tiny thats all....thankgod for savings
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    one thing to learn.... if you ever see more money that is beyond is normal pay (base pay + bah +bas, spec duty, separation pay and/or clothing allowance), save it because most likely the military will take it back.
  5. Senior Member
    My experience is that if it is a large amount, they will break it up. If it is a small amount, they'll take it all at once.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Regular Member
    it was 1200 sooo i hope there done
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    My experience is that if it is a large amount, they will break it up. If it is a small amount, they'll take it all at once.
    Our experience too. They overpaid us by 5K (we realized it but its hard sometimes when you're PCSing and you're expecting extra money) and they offered to split it through 12 paychecks. We put the money aside though and DH had already talked to finance so it was ready to go and we just wrote them the money.
  8. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    with Judi! we had money taken that is actually the military's error and they are making us wait until they take the full amount out $170 at a time and then cutting us a check back ! That is a whole other vent in itself.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by williebearsmommy View Post
    so Dh emailed me to tell me that the army over paid us for drills this summer and that they took it out this pay check... my question is do they take it all in one shot ??? cause it was a biggg amount.
    Normally what they try to do is contact the person over paid and give them a chance to set up payments to come out of their check.

If they can't contact the person for whatever reason or if the person chooses it they will do it as one lump sum.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Queen(89) View Post
    Normally what they try to do is contact the person over paid and give them a chance to set up payments to come out of their check.

If they can't contact the person for whatever reason or if the person chooses it they will do it as one lump sum.
    ditto....most of the time dh has been really proactive and caught it early enough to arrange payments. We ran into this with a 1600 amount because they didn't stop Sep pay or hazard pay for a good while even through they were were home.