Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Reserve Select Question

1. Senior Member

Tricare Reserve Select Question

Advertisements
    Dh is army national guard. (not currently active)..When we looked up phamacys on the Tricare site it listed some of the local MTF that we could use. Well we are currently just going to keep our current docs but were going to use the pharmacy on post for our monthly prescriptions. Even though co pays are minimal, it adds up quick with mine and the kids asthma meds. like still over a hundred bucks a month. Well i went to one on the navy base. They asked if i had orders. I said no. So after some discussion in the back the lady came out and game me the meds and that was the end of it. My military id says on the back Medical with active orders. Well a friend of mine works at the clinic on this base and told me we could use the pharmacy. So after this incident she told me no..I have to have his orders. WT? She had also told me before that they will see reserves and dependents n their clinic but they dont see guard unless they are active..kinda odd but she says thats just the navy.. So now I am wondering if we can use the pharmacy or clinics on the Army base?? Or is it only when he is active? Sorry its just confusing the heck outta me!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it is only when active- not suppose to be any other time- you will need to show orders next time- the last thing you want is to be flagged-

now if you pay for tricare select- you need to contact tricare to find out how that works-

but if you do not have ad PAY for tricare select you can only use the MTF;s while on AD orders
  3. Senior Member
    We pay for our Tricare Select..guess i need to call tricare. It says on the site we can use the MTF and pharmacy on base. Doesnt specify active or inactive..But with what you just said I think I understand why they asked for orders..The never asked for my Tricare card. Only my id which says "medical with orders" which would pertain if DH was activated and we had not "purchased" Tricare..But this naval base is weird about Guard people..they dont take them unless they are active..if we were army reserve they would..Thanks to "Army One" we dont usually have any issues with the army post.