Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So many questions...HELP!!

1. Senior Member

So many questions...HELP!!

Advertisements
    DF and I are getting married in October. He is in the Army Reserves. I am trying to figure out a lot of things about his pay, insurance coverage/qualification, etc.

1. Is he only going to get paid for the 1 weekend a month drill and 2 weeks of training? In other words, there will be no regular "paycheck"? Not exactly enough to support the two of us, so I would probably need a steady income, right?

2. What kind of insurance would we be eligible for? And does this insurance only cover the times that he is drilling or training? Or is it "full time" insurance?

3. He is planning to finish college when he is done with his current AIT training. I am clueless about the GI Bill. Will he be able to have his college paid for? Or at least get some assistance?

As you can tell, I'm absolutely clueless. Any information or resources anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm just freaking out because there's so much to be figured out. I need to decide whether I'll be staying at my current job, or finding another one, and where we'll be living, among so much else!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    1. Is he only going to get paid for the 1 weekend a month drill and 2 weeks of training? In other words, there will be no regular "paycheck"? Not exactly enough to support the two of us, so I would probably need a steady income, right?right no stedy pay check- only when he drills

2. What kind of insurance would we be eligible for? And does this insurance only cover the times that he is drilling or training? Or is it "full time" insurance?you can get tricare erserve select it is like 180 a month

3. He is planning to finish college when he is done with his current AIT training. I am clueless about the GI Bill. Will he be able to have his college paid for? Or at least get some assistance?
    the gi bill for reservists is only if he gets activated for 90 consective days - other wise he cannot use the GI bill-- hope that helps

sorry for the ypos at work - no time to fix them soory
  3. Senior Member
    Okay, that does help, thank you

Anyone else have any pointers or experiences?