Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How long did it take

1. Senior Member

How long did it take

Advertisements
    you to get enrolled in Tricare? I'm an idiot (totally regretting this decision) and decided to not reenroll in my benifits because I rarely go to the Dr and the $1000 or so that I would pay before DH goes to boot camp just didn't seem worth it since I probably won't need to go to the doctor in that time. But now I'm getting super paranoid and it's weighing on my mind every day. But there's nothing I can do about it at this point. So now I'm just wondering how long I should expect to be without insurance. How long after he leaves for BCT should it be for me to get enrolled? TIA
  2. my soldier, my hero, my husband, my life
    my soldier, my hero, my husband, my life
    Well it took about 2 1/2 weeks for me to get the packet with the tricare forms after my DH left to basic. He left Nov. 4th...I got them a couple days before thanksgiving. Once you get them you have to take them to the nearest base hospital/clinic. I actually didnt end up taking them to tricare until Dec 22nd. They said that I could use medical services that are on the military base right away, but if I wanted a civilian dr that it would be like 60 days. I wasnt able to see my civilian Dr. till Feb 1st. Sorry I'm not too much help! But all in all I'd say you should see a tricare packet around the 2 week mark of BCT.