Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Switching from Standard to Prime

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Switching from Standard to Prime

Advertisements
    How does one go about this?
    How much more does it take from his check?
    Is it REALLY that hard to get into military facilities?
    I live a good distance from base, does that have any meaning?

I think we're going to try to begin getting me figured out, other than just slapping down a prescription for birth control and saying there's your period. I really want to start a family while I'm younger, I've always wanted this. DH is finally on the same page as me. In this case, I think it would end up being cheaper to go with Prime instead of paying out of pocket for copays.

Thanks in advanced!
  2. AMD
    The place to start is the Tricare office at your base hospital. Tell them you want to switch to Prime and ask them those questions.

I have never had an issue getting in to see the doctor. Depending on your region, your distance may be enough to qualify you to see a doctor off post. I do not know how much it'll take out of your husband's pay. For me, being on Prime makes life a LOT easier. Right now, I'm not and it makes me nervous.

Good luck with everything, and make sure you ask them all these questions!
  3. Member
    I just told the tricare office, and they set it all up for me. I don't think anything is taken out of his pay for it, but to be honest, I have never looked! and mypay is down right now so I can't even check. Every MTF is different, some are busier than others. It's very quick to get seen here, but we are at a pretty small base.

Oh, and I am using it for infertility treatments, so if you have any questions about that, you can pm me
    Last edited by kwickham; 03-01-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added more