Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA loans???

1. Regular Member

VA loans???

Advertisements
    Hey all!!! i'm going back to school to become an RN, but since its going to be my 2nd bachelors degree, financial aid can no longer help me.......pretty much i can only get loans....(never used loans for my 1st degree) Has anyone ever used a VA loan for school or is it just to buy a house??? if so would i go to a bank or the financial office on base for more info? so confused! any help would be great!!! thanks!!!
  2. Senior Member

I have never heard of a VA loan for education... Also, the VA actually does not loan the money for a home, they guarantee a loan through a private lending company.
    Military.com - Finance - What is a VA Guaranteed Home Loan?
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    did you fill out the FAFSA again? I thought it didn't matter how many degrees you have you still qualify for subsidized and unsubsidized loans through FAFSA.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    the VA does not loan money- it is a guarenty on the loan you get to buy a home-
    nad only a home sorry
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    the VA does not loan money- it is a guarenty on the loan you get to buy a home-
    nad only a home sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I have never heard of a VA loan for education... Also, the VA actually does not loan the money for a home, they guarantee a loan through a private lending company.
    Military.com - Finance - What is a VA Guaranteed Home Loan?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    did you fill out the FAFSA again? I thought it didn't matter how many degrees you have you still qualify for subsidized and unsubsidized loans through FAFSA.
    Thanks ladies!!! that's good to know for when me and my DH are ready to buy a home! lol Now would anyone happen to know if there are loans in general (not geared towards homes) available for military spouses/families or such with lower interest rates??...hmm..i'm gonna have to do more research...

ohh and TrishAFSpouse, i did fill out FAFSA, but there's a cap with loans and such, there's a limit on how much a person can ever borrow through FAFSA, no matter how many degrees one gets. If it's all used up, that's it...who knew lol The option after that is to go through a private loan if one needs more money.. thanks though!