Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Space A Travel

1. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online

Space A Travel

Advertisements
    I didn't know where to put this, so I figured this was the best place. But Mod's feel free to move it if needs be.

So without going into a lot details, my sister is leaving the country for 18 months for our church and won't be able to come home and visit. She leaves in April. Obviously I would like to fly home and see her before she leaves. And let my family see the cute baby bump that I will be sporting!

I was curious about anyone who has flown Space A, how was it, and was it easy. I will be 6 months pregnant so I'm not sure how excited I am about taking lots of planes home but at this point I'd take what I could get
  2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    good thing with space A... depending on the type of plane you are on... you can get up out of your seat once its clear and then go and make a bed somewhere and just go to sleep on the ground. Bad thing is with some of the planes... the potty is only seperated by a half wall or a shower curtain type deal.

They say to dress very warmly.. as most of the planes that people ut. space a with don't regulate the temp. so it can get mighty chilly. Also bring a head lamp or a book light if you plan on reading.. there more than likely wont be a overhead light for you to switch on.

Other than that it is very cheap and worth it!!!!
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  3. Senior Member
    I've heard good and bad. You just have to be flexible... and make sure there's a plane going to where she'll be at.
  4. Senior Member
    I've taken space a from McGuire AFB, NJ to Ramstein, Germany. I went with my husband and it was FREE The only thing you had to pay for is the snack box (I don't recommend it, I would suggest you bring snacks with you). I was on a C-17 and everyone was able to sleep on the floor, some people brought thick mats to sleep on. I suggest bringing warm clothing, I froze wearing two sweatshirts, a long sleeve t, and tank (it was June). Bring santizer, since the bathroom is like a portapotty. I suggest getting to the passenger terminal very early so your the first one to check in and that gives you a leg up, of getting onto Space A. They put people into classifications 1 through 6 (I think) and spouses traveling alone I think are categorized as 5 (I was traveling with DH and we were catergorized as 3 b/c he took leave). If there's plenty of room you'll have no prob getting on, otherwise you'll have to wait till the next one, when we were coming back to the states I know people were waiting over a week to get home, so make sure you have plenty of time. Oooo and most times there are no windows. But for the price it is worth it! Good luck!!!