Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA disability

1. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries

Question VA disability

Advertisements
    DH had a knee injury while in training and had been told at a post-deployment breifing that he could go to the VA and apply for disability of some sort. The rep. from the VA said that the Army will not know if he goes to the VA or not.

So he went and the person there told him that since he is going into the active army, this may affect it and DH just left cause he was scared he wouldnt get in to the Army. So which is true?? We have been trying to contact them and they never return our calls.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    if you get medical care for something that can hinder his performance in active duty military then yes it will cause problems with him trying to in the active military, it can also cause issues if he goes into reserves or national guard. not sure how to help him. va will offer disability if you are disabled. being disabled can keep you from being in the military.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    you cannot collect va disability and be AD- this is saying he is unfit for duty- and yes they do "talk" to each other
  4. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you cannot collect va disability and be AD- this is saying he is unfit for duty- and yes they do "talk" to each other

VA compensation is basically like a "the military screwed me up and now I need supplemental income because I cannot work to my full potential" situation. So if he is planning on going active duty, he should not file a claim.

He would also have to either have his DD-214 or talk to a VA rep on base that counsels those EASing to file a claim in the first place.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  5. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries
    thank you. I thought it was weird that the VA and Army would have no connection. I cant believe the VA rep misinformed us all so bad!