Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crazy situation..

1. Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Bang Head crazy situation..

Advertisements
    I have a 29 year old sister who will be coming to move in with me and my SO. She will be having surgery on her face because of a very violent relationship. During an MRI they found something on her brain that may be cancer. She has 4 kids no job since she was pretty much forbidden to get a job. We are taking them all in but i was wondering is there a way to get her enrolled in tricare and deers since she really isnt able to take care of herself and her kids. I know that there is a way i just dont know where to start looking. I know that i have known people in the past that were able to get a family member enrolled when they had health problems. please if you have any info on this i would really appreciate the info being passed on.
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malyriv View Post
    I have a 29 year old sister who will be coming to move in with me and my SO. She will be having surgery on her face because of a very violent relationship. During an MRI they found something on her brain that may be cancer. She has 4 kids no job since she was pretty much forbidden to get a job. We are taking them all in but i was wondering is there a way to get her enrolled in tricare and deers since she really isnt able to take care of herself and her kids. I know that there is a way i just dont know where to start looking. I know that i have known people in the past that were able to get a family member enrolled when they had health problems. please if you have any info on this i would really appreciate the info being passed on.
    Copying some info I posted recently in another thread:

Here is one link I found:

Army Secondary Dependency Determination

A form:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/i...s/dd0137-3.pdf

And some more information:

make someone a military dependent, military family member id card
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malyriv View Post
    She would have to be declared his dependent. And for that to happen she pretty much has to be declared unable to care for herself and that there is no one else.

Do not try and sneak around this. If you do and get caught that is gov't fraud. Federal charges in addition to having to pay all the money back.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm new to all this, so I'm unsure about your sister's situation. I have to say though, that your SO is a saint for trying to help them! You are too. I hope everything works out for you.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Airforcefiance View Post
    I'm new to all this, so I'm unsure about your sister's situation. I have to say though, that your SO is a saint for trying to help them! You are too. I hope everything works out for you.

my best friend was in an abuse relationship for 5 years and finally got herself out. i only wish i same for your sister. your family is in my thoughts and prayers!
  6. Senior Member

This can take some time, too, possibly years.
  7. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Queen(89) View Post
    She would have to be declared his dependent. And for that to happen she pretty much has to be declared unable to care for herself and that there is no one else.

Do not try and sneak around this. If you do and get caught that is gov't fraud. Federal charges in addition to having to pay all the money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    This can take some time, too, possibly years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Copying some info I posted recently in another thread:

Here is one link I found:

Army Secondary Dependency Determination

A form:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/i...s/dd0137-3.pdf

And some more information:

make someone a military dependent, military family member id card
    Yep....its definitely not "instant" and they will question every expense and why. they are extremely thorough on this due to fraud previously. I know one AD member tried to get his mother on it, she had stage four lung and breast cancer, and I think she passed away before they would approve it. I think you and your SO has to financially provide for them with no SSI or anything else coming in for her for a period of time (i've heard 12 months to a few years) and that she can't work, isn't getting any type of help or income. etc.
  8. Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you all for the info. I will look in to the Army Secondary Dependency Determination..I know it will not be a instant fix but what can it hurt to at least try. We had been thinking about adopting her kids of course with her permission for a while now. Pretty much everything is up in the air for the time being. Again thank you all so much..
  9. Banned
    Banned
    as long as she has dependants you cannot make her a dependant.
    also adult dependants cannot get tricare- she would be seen on a space avail basis at the MTF at your base.

and for the kids she would have to give up custody for you to get them to be dependants either temp guardianship or full custody,

you will also have to go prove you can support the entire clan to do the adoption-
    this can take months and months,

if you live on base they cannot stay with you longer than 30 days ( or 2 weeks) based on your bases rules- make sure you follow the rules exactly or you could be kicked out of housing.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    as long as she has dependants you cannot make her a dependant.
    also adult dependants cannot get tricare- she would be seen on a space avail basis at the MTF at your base.

and for the kids she would have to give up custody for you to get them to be dependants either temp guardianship or full custody,

you will also have to go prove you can support the entire clan to do the adoption-
    this can take months and months,

if you live on base they cannot stay with you longer than 30 days ( or 2 weeks) based on your bases rules- make sure you follow the rules exactly or you could be kicked out of housing.
    Not always true. There is some paperwork they can do, and some hoops to jump through but they could have them live with them for a year. Of course they won't get bigger housing simply because they are there IIRC so 5 extra people might not fit into their housing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast