Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare and Pregnancy

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Tricare and Pregnancy

Advertisements
    This is my first pregnancy as a Active Army Wife... so i have never done this before..

everyone is telling me to see the doctor on post (which is fort benning right now) but idk how to contact them or anything to make an appointment....

idk who to talk to or anything.. and i dont no how to find out wat doctors i can use off post with Tricare Standard.. the whole TRICARE deal confuses me completely... idk about anything dealing with military stuff... and my husbnd is stationed in Korea until march. so i have no help watsoever.. i dont no any arm wives around here or anything.. my husband just went active january 2010 and was stationed unaccompanied in Camp Stanley Korea.

any help will be appreciated..
  2. "She who waits also serves"
    "She who waits also serves"
    Blog Entries
    I don't personally have experience in this department but I suspect you have come to the right place. There are quite a few gals on here that are preggo right now
    " Love that guy to the Moon and back! "

3. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA
    What I did was called Tricare and told them that I was pregnant and needed an OB- They will take your info and zip code/city and let you know the closest OB/GYNs around - You can take all of their phone numbers to call and make sure they are accepting new patients. Then you chose and make an appointment- They will take it from there! and good luck! Let me know if you need anything else- P.S. My brother in law is in the army and was based at fort benning and I absolutely LOVED it there!! Just my opinion!!

4. Senior Member
    If you want to use the base OB just call the clinic and ask for the OB department and they will transfer you.

If you want to use an off base OB you can go onto the Tricare website and it will give you a list. Just call around see who is taking new patients and make an appointment. I *think* Fort Benning is Georgia...if it's not I apologize haha.

Tricare-Find a Doctor

Use this link for South Region...
    -Click "Search by Type Service

Humana Military - TRICARE South Provider Locator

Then click the bubble next to Near Military Installation
    Then Find FT Benning
    Then Mother and Baby/Woman

It will give you a list of all the OB/GYNs in your area and it also gives phone numbers, maps, addresses and whether or not they are expecting new patients. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

5. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    No experiance yet but I would assume you should get ahold of Tricare some how. I know even with our Bluecross we have to contact them with questions and Dr referrals.
    Good luck and congrats on the baby!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spcsmithswifey View Post
    This is my first pregnancy as a Active Army Wife... so i have never done this before..

everyone is telling me to see the doctor on post (which is fort benning right now) but idk how to contact them or anything to make an appointment....

idk who to talk to or anything.. and i dont no how to find out wat doctors i can use off post with Tricare Standard.. the whole TRICARE deal confuses me completely... idk about anything dealing with military stuff... and my husbnd is stationed in Korea until march. so i have no help watsoever.. i dont no any arm wives around here or anything.. my husband just went active january 2010 and was stationed unaccompanied in Camp Stanley Korea.

any help will be appreciated..
    If you are registered with tricare what you need to do is go to the base and get a pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy. Than you need to take it to either the women's clinic (if htey have that or your PCM). They typically do not schedule appointments at medical facilities within the first 12 weeks for pregnancy. If you have to be seen off base I don't know how that works other than they give you a referral to pick a provider and be seen.

But if you are not on tricare prime but instead tricare standard than you just go about appointments for this pregnancy as you would anything else.

Let me know if you have more questions.